Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Possible weaker version of classicube

Hello I realized that classicube lags on weaker computers unlike windows 10 systems so i wanted to see if i can create a weaker version of classicube running in an earlier version than the others. this will help because there is not as much stuff as there is in the newer versions. so making it will get classicube more players by allowing weaker systems to handle that much code.

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Tue Jun 6 at 23:55:41 (2017)

Can you provide an example of a system where it lags? I specifically designed the client for weaker systems, I don't use Windows 10 myself and it works fine, and it also runs fine on my 10 year old XP laptop.

Make sure that you:

a) Increase fog distance

b) /client render normalfast, to turn off fancy clouds, sky, fog, etc

c) Don't use advanced lighting, only use normal lighting

Edit: I am already rewriting the client in C if you looked at the recent commits.

But classicalsharp runs on a toaster.

++UnknownShadow200 posted:++

Can you provide an example of a system where it lags? I specifically designed the client for weaker systems, I don't use Windows 10 myself and it works fine, and it also runs fine on my 10 year old XP laptop.

Make sure that you:

a) Increase fog distance

b) /client render normalfast, to turn off fancy clouds, sky, fog, etc

c) Don't use advanced lighting, only use normal lighting

Edit: I am already rewriting the client in C if you looked at the recent commits.

All of these are good suggestions, but what do you mean "unlike windows 10 systems"? As said a Windows XP computer can run this game just fine and if you are comparing OS's, using 7 or 8.1 won't make it run slower at all. And if you are using OpenGL even something like XP won't go slower then 10.

Regardless I would also try running the game in OpenGL mode which could make it run better.

It lags due to a file corrupted after I said a weaker version of classicube and well I was messing around trying to fix it and it went worm mode on my ass so I'm on a fucking iPad one rn

My PC is a pile of trash. I'm so surprised that it can run classic cube at 60fsp.

LUCKYY best i get is fucking like 5 before the worm mode kicked my computers ass

The chances are that it's probably not the game running like trash. If you say it went worm mode then maybe you installed an actual virus/worm. Either that or your computer is so bad that's it's literally killing itself from just being on.

Could always not run the game on a potato.

AndrewPH time for dominate Sun Apr 1 at 7:01:42 (2018)

My rpi3 can run the game at a solid 30fps

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑