Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

ProtoLauncher - Launch ClassicalSharp from your browser!

AndrewPH time for dominate Wed Dec 13 at 19:33:57 (2017)

ProtoLauncher

A batch file to register and handle mc:// url protocols for ClassiCube

Download ProtoLauncher

Usage

Using ProtoLauncher is easy. For first-time setup, place ProtoLauncher.bat in the same directory as ClassicalSharp.exe. Run it. This will set up the registry and get you going.

After that one setup, you can now click any mc:// link on the internet to join the associated server!

License

ProtoLauncher is written under the MIT license. Full license terms are included in the repository.

AndrewPH time for dominate Thu Dec 14 at 23:02:27 (2017)

Protolauncher now supports downloading ClassicalSharp automatically if it's not present.

Take that, round-earther scum!

Looks like a good feature, but I tried it and nothing happen when I click a mc:// link. The script dumped all of the game files on my desktop and I moved them into a folder, so maybe that confused things.

One suggestion as long as we're focusing on usability: Instead of a script, this could be an installer program that install CCin your start menu/desktop and also sets up the protocol handler.

I made something similar here that was in use for my game for a while: https://github.com/buildist/buildism-updater/tree/master/Client The launcher is just a very simple program that checks for an update, downloads the changed files, stores it in app data and launches it. It's assumed that the launcher program will never be updated and can be packaged with an installer, distributed on various game services and forgotten about.

For CC, the launcher is more complicated, so this would involve using the simple updater to download the full launcher, then launching the game with it as we do today. This isn't ideal so hopefully the game and launcher could eventually be merged into one updatable unit (paging UnknownShadow). It will work fine for now though.

I 'd be interested in working on this if possible, since I have infinite free time until 1/3. Only thing I need from the website is something equivalent to https://github.com/buildist/buildism-updater/blob/master/Server/update/index.php that provides the latest files from the game download. If the server version is newer than the client version, the client provides a list of all of the files it has and their hashes, and the server creates a .zip of the changed files. (this could probably be greatly simplified to just download the whole thing every time if the version is different, since it's less than 500K).

AndrewPH time for dominate Tue Dec 26 at 7:43:58 (2017)

Primary use case for my script is for people to download and run it, and then just use the site.

However, I definitely feel that having some sort of auto update capability would be extremely helpful. If you're willing to add a portion that checks timestamps, I would be more than willing to add a route that returns the latest timestamp of the nightly build. Just hit me up in pm on esper (chat link on any page on this website etc I know you know how to use irc..)

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑