Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Hello, I've been playing CC since the end of classic, mostly on Jacob_s CTF server. I was wondering what the obstacles to putting ClassiCube on steam would be and why it hasn't been done already, since it seems like the best way to possibly get any semblance of new players.

Sincerely,

eo2

123DontMessWitMe Special Fri Sep 28 at 0:23:55 (2018)

patreon

AndrewPH time for dominate Fri Sep 28 at 0:59:21 (2018)

main obstacles are cost and lack of usable screenshots (since we don't ship our own textures yet)

other than that, not much. supporting our patreon is the best way to make it happen.

No offense but since this game is so old and forgotten I doubt even putting it on Steam would help anything. A lot know about ClassiCube, they just don't want to play.

AndrewPH time for dominate Fri Sep 28 at 4:11:26 (2018)

A lot really don't know about classicube, we don't get much web traffic (thought it has remained pretty stable since launch) and the amount of accounts we have is a drop in the water compared to steam's userbase.

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Fri Sep 28 at 11:57:25 (2018)
  1. Something would have to be done about the assets. (sound/music/textures)
  2. The game is still in the process of being rewritten in C. It doesn't make much sense releasing on steam until firstly finishing that.

what was this written in orriginally java? python? hell even brainfuck

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Wed Oct 10 at 1:35:29 (2018)

ClassicalSharp was in C#, minecraft classic in java.

you said it was being converted into c but maybe c++ is what your talking about? and i wonder if this was possible in lolcode

AndrewPH time for dominate Wed Oct 10 at 2:15:32 (2018)

No it's being rewritten in C.

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Wed Oct 10 at 2:27:06 (2018)

I definitely meant C. You can look through the source code - there is no C++.

Well.. probably? I can't seem to find anything about getting lolcode working with opengl or direct3d, so I doubt it would be easy.

just wondering is lolcode able to write thsi shit probobly not

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Wed Oct 10 at 11:18:07 (2018)

Well, in theory, it might be possible, but probably not worth the time or effort required in practice. Although there has been a 3D raytracer written in lolcode, it's still a far cry from what would be required for a game like this.

It's not just that... I don't play now because this isn't minecraft classic anymore. Unknown changed it too much. I'd call this like modded minecraft classic, which in that case, i dont like it

Good AKA Goodly Mon Nov 5 at 6:33:36 (2018)

Then play Classic mode, Pockie. It doesn't have anything changed. Or just admit you're bored of the game and just made up reasons to quit.

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Tue Nov 6 at 14:47:15 (2018)

What specific changes do you dislike?

I support this idea 100%. It's been too long since classicube has had a stable amount of players, if ever. Why waste such a fun game that people have worked hard for to create? I hope more people continue helping towards the Patron because I honestly want to see something change in the playerbase or at least try. The reason players stop playing is because of the lack of players in the first place. The solution is simple, raise awareness.

As for pockie. Negativity isn't going to help anything, but rather get in the way. The client is different for a reason because it's far more easier to use and play on, but the minecraft classic experience is still there. Trust the developers, they've stuck around and put in the effort to keep things running.

I can donate 50 euro for further progress since i'm here since the beginning.

This post has been hidden by the ClassiCube moderation team.

Here's a familiar set of royalty free footstep sounds I've used before. https://freesound.org/people/Snoman/

There's a lot of good stuff on that website that is free to use with attribution, although it often takes a bit of editing to be useful. I've never had to go anywhere else for game sound effects.

We're at 10 out of 15 patrons, I'm beginning to feel hopeful about ClassiCube being released on Steam.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑