Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Where to begin creating new settings menus?

Hello! I am wondering where to begin learning how to create a new settings menu. Currently I have managed to add a new button in the options menu called "Console" (going to try to allow remote console from here among other server interaction features, probably will take me a while but I want to learn). What would my next step to be for adding elements? Currently I have have the "Console" button return NULL; but I am not sure where to go from here.

I only have a bit of python and a tiny bit of java experience so if I could get some pointers of where to go building a new page with a few buttons to start would be appreciated.

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Thu May 23 at 13:32:47 (2019)

Uh, what exactly do you mean by return null?

You would probably use the winforms designer in sharpdevelop or visual studio for adding more gui elements. (assuming this is mcgalaxy or fCraft)

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Wed Jun 19 at 9:19:37 (2019)

I would also suggest (as I was once a noob before trying to meddle in this stuff) that you garnish some programming/coding experience before you try to delve into this. Learn the languages you are working with. Get familiar with them. Start with small practice projects first (like a random number generator, for example, or a frogger game, anything to get you used to it).

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑