Hosting your own server
So you want to host your own server for ClassiCube? Great! You will need server software. Original Minecraft software will not work. You need a custom server that has an option to use our service. Your options are currently...
- fCraft -- Fully-featured multiworld server, with player ranks and many commands. [Download]
- FemtoCraft -- Simple server, faithful to the original Minecraft experience. Supports CPE [Download]
- D3 -- Extremely powerful, lua-extended server written in PureBasic. [Site] [Download]
- MCDzienny -- A very robust software, full of commands and configuration. [Site]
- LegendCraft -- Powerful fCraft/800Craft based server, feature packed with plugins and configurability. [Site] [Download]
- MCForge-Redux -- MCForge derivitive with new features and proper ClassiCube support. [Site]
Note: Running any Minecraft server may require port forwarding. Please use a guide, such as portforward.com.
fCraft and femtoCraft are confirmed working with Mono 3.0 and may work with lower versions. For maximum compatibility, we suggest using Mono 3.0 or higher.
For troubleshooting or any software-related help, please contact the developers of the software you're trying to use.
The ClassiCube-Client applet supports automatically obeying MOTD rules. Currently-supported rules are...
- +hax / -hax - Enable or disable all hacks for everybody.
- +ophax - Enables all hacks for server operators.
To use any of these, simply put them somewhere in your MOTD where the user will see them. Our client will take care of the rest.
Additional rules may be supported by other clients. We do not promise that these rules will work in all clients, only that they will work with our client.
Developers: Our heartbeat URL is http://www.classicube.net/server/heartbeat (http://www.classicube.net/heartbeat.jsp will also work). You can use GET or POST, and if you run into any troubles, contact AndrewPH in #classicube on irc.esper.net.