Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

In my introduction post, I separated some of the paragraphs with two empty lines instead of one, to emphasize the separation and make the whole thing more readable.

But the board converted those to one empty line. In the end, the post isn't as cleanly separated and readable as I wanted.

It'd be nice if newlines were handled in a natural way (ie, 1 newline = 1 newline, 2 newlines = 2 newlines, etc) instead of some way similar to Mediawiki's.

Edit: what, arrows make stuff be aligned to the right? And what should I do if I want to post arrows?

Here is the markdown that this forum uses link. It is a pretty good description on the forum's markdown setup. To post an arrow, just type out the arrow ->

AndrewPH time for dominate Wed Apr 30 at 5:44:00 (2014)

++StapleButter posted:++

But the board converted those to one empty line. In the end, the post isn't as cleanly separated and readable as I wanted.

It'd be nice if newlines were handled in a natural way (ie, 1 newline = 1 newline, 2 newlines = 2 newlines, etc) instead of some way similar to Mediawiki's.

Default Markdown behavior. and not something that should be done often, even with the ability to.

Edit: what, arrows make stuff be aligned to the right? And what should I do if I want to post arrows?

Use slashes to escape things that cause formatting, eg \-> like this \-> (The slashes will hide normally, I added extra slashes so that you could see how it works)

-> Without slashes, this is how text appears ->

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑