Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Umm, may i ask, why are there only 23 servers on CC list? Are they dead, or not?

Let's face it. The classic community is dying. Not many people are interested in it anymore. I preferred it over premium until we lost many players.

I'm surprised. Not even ClassiCube could save it.

The mc classic community is actually still alive :P

As i said, it's dying, but still living

I had a idea which you adverstise premium to a classic version of minecraft.

Example: <PremiumDude> Hi all., <ClassicDude> Hi all, please keep classic alive, or it will be dead apparently. Go to minecraft.net/classic!, PremiumDude Joins classic, PremiumDude1 Joins classic, All premium dudes join classic now.

I don't think that's kind of easy like that, Ybeg.

Plus that is kind of spamming. Even though it is also minecraft, it's kind of "advertising" on some servers.

Guess not everything was meant to last.

Everything has a life. One start one end

You guys know, minecraft itself might die cause of the eula. ssooo theres a tiny chance classic will come back

What about the EULA? Because they can't charge money for items/ranks?

This post has been hidden by the ClassiCube moderation team.

It's sad really, i love to play lava survival, especially with friends, if only there was a bukkit plugin for infinite liquid, then i would be really happy.

Er bukkit isn't a classic api software.

@phinbella86 shhh don't destroy Jump's dreams

i'm pretty sure there is unlimited liquid plugins somewhere though @bytebit

Jonty800 Serves: makes 8 Wed Jul 9 at 22:37:27 (2014)

I had an idea a while back of how to get more people into classic servers. If a classic software was to provide compatibility to the official minecraft client, that could be a potentially good idea.

++Jonty800 posted:++

I had an idea a while back of how to get more people into classic servers. If a classic software was to provide compatibility to the official minecraft client, that could be a potentially good idea.

As I remember, Mojang themselves didn't want to see classic Minecraft because it's outdated (the servers still work, if you look at the list, but no link is available at the main site). Your idea was sometime ago real and it'll never work now.

++Alexey1902 posted:++

As I remember, Mojang themselves didn't want to see classic Minecraft because it's outdated (the servers still work, if you look at the list, but no link is available at the main site). Your idea was sometime ago real and it'll never work now.

Keep in mind that anything isn't out of the realm of possibility. Mojang wouldn't really need to make support for it, however we would. (It can really go back and forth, but you're right in saying they wouldn't put effort towards adding the support)

++Liam posted:++

Keep in mind that anything isn't out of the realm of possibility. Mojang wouldn't really need to make support for it, however we would. (It can really go back and forth, but you're right in saying they wouldn't put effort towards adding the support)

To be real, Mojang wouldn't want anyone to go back to Minecraft Classic, look at how Minecraft is growing up, update 1.8, all these money game servers, AND MONEY HOMIE.

++iNasserTV posted:++

To be real, Mojang wouldn't want anyone to go back to Minecraft Classic, look at how Minecraft is growing up, update 1.8, all these money game servers, AND MONEY HOMIE.

Don't forget we have MCPE and console versions too that are very similar. Mojang will only focus on their current projects, not any old versions of their games.

++Jonty800 posted:++

I had an idea a while back of how to get more people into classic servers. If a classic software was to provide compatibility to the official minecraft client, that could be a potentially good idea. I had some plans to do this, but in reverse. I was going to make a bukkit plugin that allowed support of classic clients. The ideas was to simply run a classic server in the plugin and proxy the 2 servers together.

I had some concept diagrams I drew up, but my time is very limited these days, so I never got around to it: http://tinyurl.com/mnkanhn

++Jump posted:++

It's sad really, i love to play lava survival, especially with friends, if only there was a bukkit plugin for infinite liquid, then i would be really happy.

Something like this? https://mediacru.sh/svAdc9CWiZEA

..Why not put it client-side? Like in the MC launcher, you can choose to set Minecraft Classic client on or off. So if its on, people could find classic servers in the MC launcher List. If off the regular MC servers will show. xD but mojang may need to update the launcher a few times. So that means mojang will need to delete alot of MC classic servers from their website to work

@hypereddie I had written a similar plugin a while back, but cleaned up my eclipse project for something else.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑