Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

HexaClassic - A new Minecraft Classic Client (WIP)

HexaClient is coded in C# using the MonoGame Framework. It's a WIP still and much needs to be done.

Source is here

This is all new stuff to me so it could take a small while :3

++UPDATE:++

Temporary website for downloads located - Currently too busy to update. Sorry :3 -

If you want to talk about it you can join me on Esper.net #HexaClassic (Note: I do not own a bouncer and thus are not connected 24/7)

wait. do i need to download all of the files? and what i will do?

(Originally posted by popoi1234 [Link])

wait. do i need to download all of the files? and what i will do?

It's not finished yet so there's no binary release. It's all source. That is why it says WIP.

What's the platforms? Are you also going to release it for Android devices? As far as I know MonoGame supports mobiles. Can you also include the Any CPU built version in so some peoples like me who are missing the frameworks it need can be able to run the game and test it.

This post has been hidden by the ClassiCube moderation team.

++111WARLOCK111 posted:++

What's the platforms? Are you also going to release it for Android devices? As far as I know MonoGame supports mobiles. Can you also include the Any CPU built version in so some peoples like me who are missing the frameworks it need can be able to run the game and test it. I would need to test it and make adjustments for it, but if I ever finish it I might try to port it for Android.

I have released a demonstration of what I've done so far.

See the main post for the link to download. Please submit feedback. I want to know if other people are able to open the game without any problems.

AndrewPH time for dominate Thu Jan 16 at 16:29:55 (2014)

I am unable to open the game without any problems

64-bit Windows 7, I can provide the details that that dialogue provides whenever you're on irc next.

Cool.:)

++AndrewPH posted:++

64-bit Windows 7, I can provide the details that that dialogue provides whenever you're on irc next.

I have the same problem, it takes like 10 seconds and then show the error pop-up.

(Automerge)

++AndrewPH posted:++

I have the same problem, it takes like 10 seconds and then it shows the error pop-up.

So far i am hearing that the client isn't so good right now.. i'll wait till i hear a good positive response to try it out.

I am in the process of fixing that. I believe it is because of missing dependencies since you don't have the XNA/MonoGame framework installed.

Edit:

Fixed, please download the latest version from the website.

++umby24 posted:++

Whoops. Fixed it.

++phinbella86 posted:++

So far i am hearing that the client isn't so good right now.. i'll wait till i hear a good positive response to try it out.

It's a WIP dingus. It isn't supposed to be polished or fully functional.

++LeChosenOne posted:++

It's a WIP dingus. It isn't supposed to be polished or fully functional.

I know. I mean a positive opinion for a more stable/better version, if it comes out soon

++phinbella86 posted:++

I know. I mean a positive opinion for a more stable/better version, if it comes out soon

It currently is just a model of what is to come when I get more free time that you are welcome to try. Hopefully soon I can make it fully featured.

Ah... well im at my grandparent's and my laptop needs memory, so im just going to clean it up and try it out.

Well the release makes me download some contents and then I restart the program and go in again and it returns an error as if it was trying to load files from a user called "xeroj_000" as a windows account, heres a link to the logs: http://puu.sh/6udqv.txt

++LeeIzaZombie posted:++

Well the release makes me download some contents and then I restart the program and go in again and it returns an error as if it was trying to load files from a user called "xeroj_000" as a windows account, heres a link to the logs: http://puu.sh/6udqv.txt

The account is from my computer and you see that because I left the PDB file inside so I could know exactly what line there is a problem in. There seems to be an error with the content. Try deleting the content folder and restarting it to let it redownload it again and tell me if it gives you an error still. I will reupload the content files to make sure they are not corrupt or something.

some things:

it stops making any progress when downloading calm1.xnb

the terrain.png are the same as classicube, and its easy to find, making making texturepacks easy to do

i just CANT get Visual basic to work, how did you get it to work?

Downloaded it, played it, great

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑