Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Starting From Scratch - PowerCraft

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Tue Oct 28 at 12:59:34 (2014)

I'm working on a new Custom Server Software called PowerCraft and I wanted to share with everyone what this project is made up of! So far I've got a heartbeat going and a nice logo, but that's about it!

TODO: -Heartbeat to ClassiCube or Minecraft.net DONE!

-A socket listening for incoming connections

-A way to receive packets from client(s) when the arive and a way to respond with other packets

-A "map" (set of blocks), a way to save/load it, and send it to the client (gzipped)

-A way for players to change the level (by setting blocks), and to broadcast these changes to other players

-A way to broadcast chat messages from one player to all others

Thanks to Scoot for the Road Map!

This software will have an easy system for running commands with a one-class-per-command type deal like a couple softwares already have. Basically all I have to call in my code to run a command is player.RunCommand(New CMDCLASS) and the command is run. Seem simple? I hope it does. lol

The main network and server stuff is all written in my good friend Visual Basic (VB). The Config Program is written C#, however.

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Fri Oct 31 at 17:49:58 (2014)

A lot more progress than when I started!

Haha! Nice work, Harry! Good luck,

when its done, send us the link for it pls

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Sat Mar 28 at 2:03:09 (2015)

I'm working hard! Not easy though!

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑