Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Creating a server software using Visual studio

Is it possible to create a server software using visual studio?

If is is, is there a way to to know how to start when you first make it?

It's definitely possible. I use it for MCSong. Take a look at wiki.vg for protocol and stuff. You also might want to consider forming an existing software instead of writing one from scratch, although you could start from nothing too.

Thanks, is there a way to get the used or template? and way to learn the codes like: saving settings, console, ranks.. etc.. Mine is currently MCLava Console.

[Deleted]

Hey guys, all server softwares' are created within visual studio. Your best bet is to use a sourcecode already out there and modify it to rename the software, and add commands. I know that MCForge is open source, id suggest learning code from there and fixing some bugs.

Thanks. Is using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 good? and ane more thing, where is the easiest and better website to learn C# code ?

++carol_9924 posted:++

Thanks. Is using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 good? and ane more thing, where is the easiest and better website to learn C# code ?

1. Visual Studio 2015 is out. I've never used 2008, so I can't answer this.
  2. YouTube has a lot
🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑