Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Hey, i was wondering if classicube could push out an update allowing servers to have up to 500+ blocks? I personally love custom blocks and would be over the moon and beyond (litterally) if there was an update for that.

123DontMessWitMe Special Mon May 30 at 18:47:59 (2016)

Certain servers can have up to 256 blocks with the BlockDefinition feature.

BlockMenu

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Mon May 30 at 22:03:33 (2016)

Each block is stored as a byte, which can have 256 possible values. Hence you cannot have more than 256 different blocks, and that is very unlikely to change.

As an alternative, you can use /lb on ProCraft and MCGalaxy to create per-level custom blocks. These replace existing global custom blocks on that particular map if they have the same block id.

I assume the blocks were encoded as bytes for speed purposes?

Would it have been worth converting the array of blocks into a two dimensional one to allow for another byte of ID code? Or would that just break everything instead?

Y'see I'm quite interested in gaining more blocks myself. https://snag.gy/EDlx6j.jpg It actually takes a surprisingly small amount of time to burn through them all when the first 70 or so are already occupied by default blocks.

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Tue May 31 at 14:15:13 (2016)

Indeed, for minimising memory usage.

Given that all existing server software (both original classic, and classicube compatible) and the original classicube client only supports a single block array, would not really be worth changing.

If you are using MCGalaxy, you can overwrite the default blocks with /gb. (Would not suggest overwriting water/lava/ice, since their physics is hardcoded specially)

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑