Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Sudden Error: Unable to Establish an Underlying Connection

Hi ClassiCube community,

Recently I started up my own server using McGalaxy materials yesterday afternoon (10/16/16). Everything has in general been working fine so far, and I haven't run into an issue that I have struggled to solve. Until now. It appears that my server is able to start running fine, but when I try to connect, I get the message: unable to establish an underlying connection. Maybe a little background leading up to this issue:

I left my house this morning around noon and returned at about 3:00 PM. My server is run on my laptop, and so today I tried to keep the lid open, making sure the settings were set so my computer never went to sleep. I came back and got some confusing dialogue box message, but I had no clue what it said. I closed everything because I imagined it someway or another stopped working, and after waiting about 5 minutes, I decided to put it back up and try and log on. Alas, I was bombarded with a red screen displaying the above message.

Does anyone know exactly what this means (in dumb people terms) and how I can go about fixing it? I currently have all ClassiCube materials: both my server console and the CC client, closed down. Maybe after waiting a solid hour, it'll start working again... but in the meantime.. anyone know of any solution?

Thanks so much! Pillow_Ninja

Uhhhh maybe you did not join using direct connect? idk

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Tue Oct 18 at 1:57:56 (2016)

Some routers do not let you connect via the your external IP (which is the IP used when connecting via the server list)

Try using the "Direct Connect" tab, with IP of 127.0.0.1 and port the same as the server's port. Mppass can be left blank.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑