Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Would it be possible to add more colours? Because I've always wanted "Orange" as a colour, but it hasn't been possible.

123DontMessWitMe Special Sun Nov 10 at 15:53:02 (2013)

Orange is technically a color as ยง6 Gold, but yes colors have been thought about and may perhaps be added. I may also be revealing secret information. I don't know yet.

% Colours are windows basic colours To change that we need the softwares to do HUGE updates and that would take like... ages and some softwarres might not be able to program it

123DontMessWitMe Special Mon Nov 11 at 12:14:04 (2013)

(Originally posted by harrypotterfan74 [Link])

% Colours are windows basic colours To change that we need the softwares to do HUGE updates and that would take like... ages and some softwarres might not be able to program it

The color system was ++based++ off of the 16 color windows scheme. It's not dependent of it, adding new ones would be easier than you think.

Yeah, as of now, ClassiCube/Minecraft uses the code to calculate a hex code, you could easily replace this with an array of preset hex codes and colors, allowing for a wider range of colours (for as many codes you could use &[0-9][a-z] I suppose.

I'd like making a list of colours if you guys want (with new colors, of course) also i think it may be added.

%0 = Black

%1 = Navy

%2 = Dark Green

%3 = Teal

%4 = Maroon

%5 = Purple

%6 = Golden

%7 = Silver

%8 = Gray

%9 = Blue

%a = Light Green

%b = Aqua

%c = Red

%d = Pink

%e = Yellow

%f = White

%g = Turqoise

%h = Forest Green

%i = Rainbow

%j = Yellow and Red

%k = Very dark Green

%m = Very dark yellow

%n = Very dark blue

%o = Flame blue

%r = Flame red

%v = Magenta

%x = Gradient yellow

%q = Gradient red

%z = Gradient green

Correct my abc if i did my abcdefghij... wrong, i was in rush.

123DontMessWitMe Special Sun Jul 20 at 9:38:13 (2014)

++Ybeg posted:++

I'd like making a list of colours if you guys want (with new colors, of course) also i think it may be added.

%0 = Black ... %z = Gradient green

Correct my abc if i did my abcdefghij... wrong, i was in rush.

++Missing:++ %L, %P, %S, %T, %U, %W, %Y

++Wrong Spot:++ %Q

++Not really a color:++ %I, %J, %Q, %X, %Z

Not sure how/if you could do gradients/rainbows. But if you could make up a good list of colors (along with their respective RGB/HEX codes), that'd be useful.

Why don't we change the color codes to hex, like this:

Orange: &6 ==> &0x808000

123DontMessWitMe Special Wed Jul 23 at 21:17:40 (2014)

++ByteBit posted:++

takes up a WHOLE lot more room, so unless we changed the max char limit we would use up 7 more char's than normally to use just one color edit

++ByteBit posted:++

&0x808000 is binary, but hex would be pretty much the same length, so yeah..

++umby24 posted:++

&0x808000 is binary, but hex would be pretty much the same length, so yeah..

That's not binary, that's hex, and binary is much longer. Also if it were to be hex, lets allow the client to use & so that servers don't have to go through the trouble with implementing that. And if it were to be hex then the '0x' wouldn't be necessary.

I reckon allowing complete customization for colours would be awesome, and I also vote for longer chat messages, from 64 to at least 128, don't ya think? I ALWAYS go over the limit!

We could do something else:

We will keep the "base" colours (i.e &0-f) and maybe create a new extension. Basically this will allow the server to define keys which link to a colour code. For example: "&g" could link to 0xfffaaa

The way it will work is that the client will have a dictionary which will contain the keys and with them a value. On client connect the server will send all the keys and values to the client for example

Key | Value

&g | 0xfffaaa

&h | 0xababab

@a | 0xbea83e

The client will read these as decimal values between 0 and 16777215 and the font renderer will utilize these keys. It will look for all matching keys and replace them with the color. The client should look for clashes between keys, for example, having 2 keys, &g and &g2 should not be allowed. Duplicate keys should just be ignored completely.

That's a perfect solution. I think I might try and get that working :O

๐Ÿ›‘ This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. ๐Ÿ›‘