Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Reasons why you guys wouldn't want survivaltest:

1 - There's no swords or any weapons, since i'm pretty sure you all want it because of the annoying PVP servers.

2 - It's extremely instable, crashes everywhere and etc.

3 - It's extremely difficult, fall damage is OP, Mobs everywhere, and etc.

Basically, no one would want to play it. And before you say "OH JUST CODE THE WHOLE SURVIVAL GAME BECAUSE ITS EASY RIGHT XD" Are you serious? Just look at the whole Alpha period before it was done. That is more than 1 million lines compared to Classic already. If you wanna play PVP or all of these annoying stuff, play Minecraft. If you wanna play Creative/Classic, just play ClassiCube. And done.

And before you say, "U DONT KNOW NOTHING!!!", I've playing Survivaltest (Multiplayer to be specific) , getting a lot of crashes, dying a lot of times by Mobs, and eating mushrooms, and did I say crashes?

http://image.prntscr.com/image/14f4aa196f0b454ebcf51db778351d12.png

Let me play Devil's advocate here for a minute or two.

1 - There's no swords or any weapons, since i'm pretty sure you all want it because of the annoying PVP servers.

One of the benefits of adding survival-like mechanics is for minigame servers. Having a way to take multiple hits or having limited submerge time (a breath meter) for example can make for some new kinds of minigames built around these mechanics.

2 - It's extremely instable, crashes everywhere and etc.

You must be talking about Mojang's survivaltest.jar which was very unstable. Fortunately developers can completely rewrite since not only is it a requirement for Fair Use but it also allows even more options that the old survivaltest did not offer.

3 - It's extremely difficult, fall damage is OP, Mobs everywhere, and etc. (See above)

Basically, no one would want to play it. And before you say "OH JUST CODE THE WHOLE SURVIVAL GAME BECAUSE ITS EASY RIGHT XD" Are you serious? Just look at the whole Alpha period before it was done. That is more than 1 million lines compared to Classic already.

survivaltest is nowhere near 1 million lines. Even if it was then a lot of that could have been messy unoptimized code which could easily be condensed.

If you wanna play PVP or all of these annoying stuff, play Minecraft.

I don't see any PvP. Do you? Unless you're talking about zombie survival which is completely different from the PvP we are all familiar with.

++Empy posted:++

Let me play Devil's advocate here for a minute or two.

One of the benefits of adding survival-like mechanics is for minigame servers. Having a way to take multiple hits or having limited submerge time (a breath meter) for example can make for some new kinds of minigames built around these mechanics.

You must be talking about Mojang's survivaltest.jar which was very unstable. Fortunately developers can completely rewrite since not only is it a requirement for Fair Use but it also allows even more options that the old survivaltest did not offer.

(See above)

survivaltest is nowhere near 1 million lines. Even if it was then a lot of that could have been messy unoptimized code which could easily be condensed.

I don't see any PvP. Do you? Unless you're talking about zombie survival which is completely different from the PvP we are all familiar with.

To start, Survivaltest is exactly 2289 lines of java code.

And we can all do sometype of fake hit system by just making it on a Minecraft Classic server.

Breath-meters can also be added in.

And Survivaltest would pretty much ruin the name "ClassiCube"

There is no satisfying system in place to add hit systems at the moment. The best we can do is playerclick and hearts in another text area, but it wouldn't provide very nice client feetback. (hurt sounds, screen shaking, etc).

Also, if you dislike the idea of PVP and mini games so much, just don't play on those servers.

++Good posted:++

There is no satisfying system in place to add hit systems at the moment. The best we can do is playerclick and hearts in another text area, but it wouldn't provide very nice client feetback. (hurt sounds, screen shaking, etc).

Also, if you dislike the idea of PVP and mini games so much, just don't play on those servers.

I don't even play Minecraft, just sick of seeing people everywhere talking about "Skywars!" everywhere, to be specific in my class.

So you're purely hating on it because you don't like hearing about it. This conversation is over then.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑