Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

I downloaded classicube as my former one got messed for reasons that were kind of my fault (not important). and Norton came up saying their was a heuristic virus. Assuming this was nothing I let classicube download, and with it came something called 'cloud.9' and also a bunch of things called 'df325' though this could be any 3 digit number not always 325. Norton uninstalls it itself after a few hours though the df-things still remain being hunted down.

AndrewPH time for dominate Mon Dec 30 at 20:16:42 (2013)

(Originally posted by the_evil_one44 [Link])

I downloaded classicube as my former one got messed for reasons that were kind of my fault (not important). and Norton came up saying their was a heuristic virus. Assuming this was nothing I let classicube download, and with it came something called 'cloud.9' and also a bunch of things called 'df325' though this could be any 3 digit number not always 325. Norton uninstalls it itself after a few hours though the df-things still remain being hunted down.

Norton detects our EXE as a virus because it downloads files that are commonly associated with viruses (multiple .jar files) and because we don't have a code-signing certificate.

"Heuristics" is a way of detecting a potential virus based on what it does. As such, it is far from 100% accurate.

Our launcher is completely open source, so if you want to be completely sure, you can download the source code and compile it yourself, although it is very complicated to do if you aren't a programmer.

Finally, I would heavily recommend replacing Norton with a better antivirus like MSE, AVG, or Avast.

MrBluePotato World's Bluest Potato Thu Jan 2 at 15:17:43 (2014)

Or Malwarebytes Antimalware. Its only $25

AntiMalwares are not intended as a replacement for AVs since they simply are tools for removing malware, and do not protect in real-time, have a firewall, have rootkit support, or have tracking cookies support. And Malwarebytes AntiMalware free version works just as well as the $25 one :P

...my Norton 360 premier edition works fine with CC, but I cant download the windows client, or start a server.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑