Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

I wanted to say I fell across Classicube and found the idea pretty interesting.

A friend of mine set up a quick test server and we had some fun building stuff on it. And nostalgia, too.

And damn, does it run well. That friend of mine ran the server on a Raspberry Pi. No lag. All smooth.

So uh, I'm StapleButter, coming from ROM hacking boards. I started playing Minecraft around 2010 if I remember well, and really enjoyed it back then. I had also introduced my sister to it, and we'd spend all-nighters joining random Classic servers to build stuff and talk about whatever.

Then eventually I've been introduced to Minecraft Alpha. God was it addictive. But over time, it got old. Minecraft drifted from its roots, becoming more of an RPG thing and too realistic to my taste. For example, newly generated terrains tend to be flat and boring unless you play with the generator. And hunger combined with realistic mob spawning/breeding is pretty much what killed the fun for me. You spend the first days ingame starving. Too much realism kills the fun, as brillantly shown here: http://www.cracked.com/article_21031_5-hilariously-failed-attempts-at-video-game-realism-pt.-2.html

What else is there to say? I like this forum software. It's clean, light, not one of those vBulletin boards. Is it custom? I'm into custom board softwares too. Acmlmboard is the one that gets my love.

'Don't have too much fun' -- This is quite an unusual introduction message, but uh, I'll try. :P

Hello guys! This is Eaterofthelemons but you can call me dulmend! I used to play on minecraft classic on an amazing server that became my new family called Shad4w's official craft +Parkour! That server was one of the most amazing servers i went on. I made some great friends on there... One called Alex who helped me create my own little classic server, another AmethystRemnant he was one of the most amazing friends i ever had, at first we werent friends at all, but then we became really good friends. Another called iNassertv, He acted as if he was my dad! Haha, it wouldve been great to have him here right now as my dad has passed away recently...What else... Um Shad4w, the owner, he was a good friend too, i didnt have a huge story with him, he was just a friend! Ozymandias, he was a dedicated shad4w player, he was a great friend of mine (even though he banned me several times)! Liam, Isiah, you two are the bomb! Now mememaster, i remember we used to have a game where you would be the brother and i'd be the sister... Hah that was fun, and i miss it alot... Thanks guys for making my minecraft experience amazing! i love you all and miss you SO MUCH! Ok thanks for reading guys!

Welcome to ClassiCube, StapleButter. And same to you, Dulmend. It would've been better if you had a made a separate thread but doesn't matter. ^^ Welcome to the nostalgic version of Minecraft.

Welcome to ClassiCube, glad you like it here!

How nice of you to notice, yes, the forum software here is a custom one written by our own AndrewPH. He wrote it in Python with some extra pythony stuff that I don't know about, but I'm sure he'll be here to explain more soon :P

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Thank you guys

People around the communities I go to, seem interested in Classicube too. I'll probably set up a server. I'll let you guys know.

As for the board software, hm, Python stuff. Interesting. A friend of mine who runs a NSMBW hacking board, has tried to write a board software in Python too. Sadly his project didn't succeed. I had tried helping, but I'd need to learn more of Python. And SQLAlchemy is an awful thing, really.

I'm more into PHP stuff. If you want to know, look up Blargboard.

Anyone knowing me a little can tell, nostalgia is my thing. I also like improving old things with newer concepts. For example, I'd enjoy playing Minecraft alpha, but there are some little things in newer Minecraft that aren't in the old versions (mostly stuff to craft items faster), and I regret that.

AndrewPH time for dominate Wed Apr 30 at 4:42:19 (2014)

++StapleButter posted:++

And SQLAlchemy is an awful thing, really.

I exclusively use it since it makes generating queries so darned easy, and handles sanitation.

Whole site's written in Python/Flask with SQLAlchemy and a few Flask extensions.

Well thanks for the great welcome guys, you really helped me to feel really...well...welcome! I really feel happy around this area, this type of atmosphere is a great one, and it makes people feel really warm and fuzzy on the inside (not meaning they are going mouldy XD) So basically, thankyou so so much! I really appreciate hearing from all of you and Im still hoping that my old friends might see this and remember me! thanks again! -Dulmend

AndrewPH time for dominate Wed Apr 30 at 22:02:02 (2014)

++Dulmend posted:++

Well thanks for the great welcome guys, you really helped me to feel really...well...welcome! I really feel happy around this area, this type of atmosphere is a great one, and it makes people feel really warm and fuzzy on the inside (not meaning they are going mouldy XD) So basically, thankyou so so much! I really appreciate hearing from all of you and Im still hoping that my old friends might see this and remember me! thanks again! -Dulmend

there's a 3% chance that there is mold in the atmosphere that my server is in.

I guess I can post this here? Just wanna say hello to what seems like a great community! A few years ago I first started playing classic and never really grew out of it, despite me owning and loving the "full version" later. I check on the classic servers from time to time, and just today found out about this place! I am soo happy to see that there are others who still love and play classic. Lava survival always has a special place in my heart, but I like zombie as well. Can't wait to start playin' classic again!

Hi StapleButter! Welcome to Classicube.I wanna meet you so bad! I hope you have tons of fun here also you too Dulmend.

Welcome aboard, ethansight!

JMatthew: thanks I'm thinking on hosting my own Classicube server. I'll let you guys know when it's up

StapleButter thats cool! I really wanna know what country you live in...

If you really want to know, I'm from France.

++Dulmend posted:++

Hello guys! This is Eaterofthelemons but you can call me dulmend! I used to play on minecraft classic on an amazing server that became my new family called Shad4w's official craft +Parkour! That server was one of the most amazing servers i went on. I made some great friends on there... One called Alex who helped me create my own little classic server, another AmethystRemnant he was one of the most amazing friends i ever had, at first we werent friends at all, but then we became really good friends. Another called iNassertv, He acted as if he was my dad! Haha, it wouldve been great to have him here right now as my dad has passed away recently...What else... Um Shad4w, the owner, he was a good friend too, i didnt have a huge story with him, he was just a friend! Ozymandias, he was a dedicated shad4w player, he was a great friend of mine (even though he banned me several times)! Liam, Isiah, you two are the bomb! Now mememaster, i remember we used to have a game where you would be the brother and i'd be the sister... Hah that was fun, and i miss it alot... Thanks guys for making my minecraft experience amazing! i love you all and miss you SO MUCH! Ok thanks for reading guys!

Um.. Its me Isaiah. If you want to play mc, (if you have premium), Reply, and we'll play!

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑