Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

->Example<- ->Version: alpha 0.03<-

So here it is! The first release for minecraft classic on android!

It took some time, but now I'm here to give you the first playable version. It's currently in alpha state,

so some weird bugs which could crash your devices completely may occour. And also, please give me much

feedback about bugs and your ideas!

But how to set it up?

• First you'll need to check whether you're android device is able to run it.

Your mobile phone should...

• run android version Froyo 2.2(including) or higher

(but 4.x is recommended)

• have a fast CPU

(I recommend Dual Core @ 1.0Ghz for 30 fps)

• have a large screen

(400x800 or higher)

• have a file browser installed

I have everything it needs, now what?

1. Download the apk installation file from below

Download directory

1. Copy it to the sd-card of your mobile phone

2. Open your favourite file browser (Astro File Browser is the best)

3. Search for the apk file

4. Launch it and hit "Install"

5. Wait until it's done

6. Start playing!

Game controls

->Lobby controls

• Once you hit a server you'll join a lobby, which shows you important server

stats. But how to join? You'll have to tap the right side of the screen to

join and the left one to disconnect.

->Ingame controls

• Left lower corner: (from the left to right)

Icon with speech bubble: Open chat

Icon with table: Show player list

• Right lower corner:

Open block selection menu

• Press back to open the "escape" menu, click

the screen once to disconnect

This should help you to understand the player movement:

Some screenshots of the application

Example Example Example Example

Demo video

Click me

Known bugs

• ~~Block texture's skewed~~

• ~~Multitouch bugs~~

• ~~Block such like flowers or ropes render like they would be normal blocks~~

• Lobby bug: max amount of players always stays 128

• ~~Jump moves you 2 blocks in the air instantly instead of only 1~~ -> Auto Jump

• Some chunks don't appear when they should

All bugs listed here are still in the game because of my lazyness

AndrewPH time for dominate Fri May 23 at 21:55:07 (2014)

Wow! It's like an early Christmas present! I'll give this a go asap!

++AndrewPH posted:++

Wow! It's like an early Christmas present! I'll give this a go asap!

It's may

++LeChosenOne posted:++

It's may

Thats why he said "early"....

(Automerge)

Well done man! =D

This is really cool, but I can't join any servers. I get to the lobby but "clicking the right side of screen" does nothing. I have a Google Nexus 7 (2013 model) running 4.4 KitKat. This thread should be stickied

(Automerge)

++haydn127 posted:++

This is really cool, but I can't join any servers. I get to the lobby but "clicking the right side of screen" does nothing. I have a Google Nexus 7 (2013 model) running 4.4 KitKat. This thread should be stickied

Sorry it was just slow joining, but the player doesn't move, how do I move?

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Thu May 29 at 17:33:08 (2014)

Needs to be improved a good deal

I try joining servers but it keeps crashing whenever I rapid tap a server to join as it won't let me. Device: Kindle Fire Second Gen OS version: a 4.0.4 fork

As I told 123DontMessWitMe some time ago, you should probably try to join servers with smaller maps. Often the dalvik virtual machine heap is reached and you get an out of memory error. But maps smaller than (or equal to) 256x128x256 should run on newer phones without a problem.

"I get to the lobby but "clicking the right side of screen" does nothing" --haydn127

That's exactly the point. The map is too huge, so it takes ages for the map to load into the gpu.

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Sat May 31 at 18:54:04 (2014)

Still a lot of work needs to be done. Bring in some partners so it is easier

Bump

++alexpotter96 posted:++

Still a lot of work needs to be done. Bring in some partners so it is easier

pls leme join ur team pls

The Google Play store has an option to setup Alpha testers/Beta testers. I recommend you do that instead of having people download the APK and manually installing it..that way, they can get updates via Google Play:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/3131213?hl=en

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Mon Jun 30 at 11:43:56 (2014)

LeChosenOne I'm not apart of this project but I'd sure like to be

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Wed Jul 9 at 20:17:50 (2014)

How about it ByteBit? Mind if I help you out?

Jonty800 Serves: makes 8 Wed Jul 9 at 22:24:12 (2014)

You should first change the logo. The one I see in the screenshots is trademark Mojang.

And get some sort of bug reporter working

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Thu Jul 10 at 1:14:18 (2014)

... True trur

There's a bug where if you walk to the edge of the map, there is no boundary so you can fall through the map.

By the way. brilliant work! I hope it becomes fully functional soon!

Ios Port Development in the process? Or is it only android?

It's only android. Hence the name Android Port.

I can tell it's an android port lol, just asking if an ios version is ever coming into play, as our newest devices have 1gbs of ram. Let-alone, even a thought about it.

well it costs more to develop for iOS. for android it's free to develop.

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Thu Jul 17 at 16:08:41 (2014)

Actually if you want to publish Android Apps on the Play Store it's a $25 fee to setup and then you can publish any number of apps

Ah... It is possible to release on ios for free..Just extremely hard. As we know, their store doesn't allow emulators, so you have to use some other methods. The first is releasing it on cydia. The second thing you can do is release it on the internet, however, I only know a few people who have been able to achieve this. One of those is Riley Testut. Might want to contact him to find out how he does it.

First, it would have to be remade to work with iOS, and it's only one person on the project.

Second, Yes, you could release it via Cydia or online (to be installed via Cydia). However, this is not an official source, requires jailbreaking, ect.

To publish android apps on the store idk of the costs (if any), but you can easily release it on the internet (As is done here) which can be downloaded and installed by anyone without the need for any modifications of the OS. Makes android the clear choice here.

Yeah android is cheaper though for publishing anyways.

Thanks for responses, just seeing if it could be done, and now I have my answers, thanks.

Current dev build:

Download current dev

er should this thread be pinned since it could help people find it. I tried looking for it earlier so i could download the dev build but had to google it.

Classicube on Mobile will be buggy on low-end spec phones.

My recommended phone/tablet specs to work:

Android 4.x and latest OS

Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 and latest / NVidia Tegra 3 and latest. Note: I do not recommend MediaTek processors as although it is quad-core processor, it is cheap and weak, if you want to get phone/tablet with MediaTek processor, octa-core (8-core) processor is better.

5" screen and larger and resolution between 960x540 and 1920x1080 is recommended. I do not recommend 2560x1440 (Quad HD) resolution as most of the games are not optimised for QHD displays.

Having a file browser installed

Does anyone remember the 3rd party Minecraft Classic iOS client called "Minecrafted" that briefly cropped up on the app store about 2 years ago? It got taken down pretty quickly because the dev didn't request permission from Mojang to publish the client or something along those lines. Don't really remember the reason too well. Would you have to seek permission from Mojang before publishing something like this or are you in the clear?

"Minecrafted" for me was pretty cool on my 2nd generation iPod Touch (got it sideloaded from a ipa download) even though it ran at about 15fps with dodgy controls. Still great nonetheless, but got broken once the URL system for the servers changed or something along those lines.

AndrewPH time for dominate Wed Sep 10 at 18:31:37 (2014)

++Jono posted:++

Does anyone remember the 3rd party Minecraft Classic iOS client called "Minecrafted" that briefly cropped up on the app store about 2 years ago? It got taken down pretty quickly because the dev didn't request permission from Mojang to publish the client or something along those lines. Don't really remember the reason too well. Would you have to seek permission from Mojang before publishing something like this or are you in the clear?

"Minecrafted" for me was pretty cool on my 2nd generation iPod Touch (got it sideloaded from a ipa download) even though it ran at about 15fps with dodgy controls. Still great nonetheless, but got broken once the URL system for the servers changed or something along those lines.

As long as it doesn't contain any of Minecraft's code and its name doesn't start with 'Minecraft', it's safe.

i have some issues:

Classic servers crash when im joining them

i get about 1 FPS on tiny maps

first when i tried it so did i not understand how to move

the app crashes when i enter options and when im typing wrong in the login fields

New client version released!

Version 1.1(dev3) Download

Features:

• Fixed wrong rotated textures

• Added models for all kind of blocks

• Place and break blocks

• Select blocks from the BlockSelection menu

• Better controls

• Less lag

Nice app. Your 0.01 version was terrible, I'll admit. It wouldn't let me click on a server (it would do nothing). However, your newest version is awesome and it works great on my s4, I get around 50-60 fps on a 256 map. Thanks for updating it!

i think i will lag when playing this, so just good luck for you guys

also hi heyman

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑