Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Hey everyone, i'm new to Classicube and i used to be a big Minecraft Classic fan. I had my own server on it, but unfortunately, after some years, the trafic became too low, we had to put the server down. I also felt very bad when Mojang removed the link to classic on Minecraft.net.

I discovered Classicube yesterday, i salute the hard work from its team, i'm very glad to see Classic back! But i feel it deserves way more trafic. It looks like there's never more than ~20 players. It used to be more than a thousands in the past. Why is it like that? Is Minecraft Classic a bad game? Or did peoples forget about it?

I just read this thread (about advertising ClassiCube): http://www.classicube.net/forum/viewpost/%3Bq/

Advertising is important, but it's even more important to make it correctly. If we just use text to convince peoples joining us (i've seen some threads on planetminecraft.net about Classicube), most of them won't make the effort to try the game.

My suggestion is to make a trailer to Classicube. I've planned one myself and it's ready to be recorded! Do you think it's a good idea? Anyway, i'll send it as a "fanmade" trailer (in case someone wants to make an "official" trailer). I'll try to make it as good as i can. In other hands, i think it would grow up the community if we start making Classicube videos (time-lapse, tutorials, Zombie Survival gameplay, etc...).

Please tell me what you think! Whatever happen i do hope Classicube won't die!

~Cliseo

AndrewPH time for dominate Mon Aug 11 at 18:02:22 (2014)

A ClassiCube trailer would be neat

We really need somebody with the get-up-and-go attitude to advertising - I hate it a lot when I see traditional advertisement (banner ads, those preroll ads on youtube) and if you can make this work, then you should chat with us (using the 'chat' button. We might be active, we might be asleep, just hang around and we'll appear eventually)

I just started recording the trailer

(Off topic) Also I got a question (i didn't want to make a new thread for it) about the Classicube client

When i used the launcher for the first time, i didn't had to download anything from Minecraft.net, where did the client.jar comes from? Maybe i'm wrong, but i think Mojang don't let peoples upload their .jar files (even if they're modded). Are you sure it's legal? (i don't know a lot about right, but i don't want to have any trouble)

(On topic) Anyway i'll join you on the chat as soon as i got the time!

~Cliseo

Please post the link here, when the trailer is finished.

++Cliseo posted:++

Also I got a question (i didn't want to make a new thread for it) about the Classicube client

When i used the launcher for the first time, i didn't had to download anything from Minecraft.net, where did the client.jar comes from? Maybe i'm wrong, but i think Mojang don't let peoples upload their .jar files (even if they're modded). Are you sure it's legal? (i don't know a lot about right, but i don't want to have any trouble)

It is legal. Andrew got permission from jeb to create classicube (as jeb said they didn't want anything to do with classic anymore), so classicube uses most of the files of classic and doesn't need any downloads from minecraft.net.

I love the idea, post it here asap when you are done! Good luck!

123DontMessWitMe Special Tue Aug 12 at 13:58:12 (2014)

++phinbella86 posted:++

It is legal. Andrew got permission from jeb to create classicube (as jeb said they didn't want anything to do with classic anymore), so classicube uses most of the files of classic and doesn't need any downloads from minecraft.net.

It was Dinnerbone, not jeb

++123DontMessWitMe posted:++

It was Dinnerbone, not jeb

Woops. WEll potato patato. But yeah.

Here's the Trailer

~Cliseo

AndrewPH time for dominate Tue Aug 12 at 19:40:04 (2014)

Looks great, love it!

The video is private :/

++Cliseo posted:++

I discovered Classicube yesterday, i salute the hard work from its team, i'm very glad to see Classic back! But i feel it deserves way more trafic. It looks like there's never more than ~20 players. It used to be more than a thousands in the past. Why is it like that? Is Minecraft Classic a bad game? Or did peoples forget about it?

The main reason why Classic was so popular was because... 1. It had unlimited blocks outside of using mods in vanilla 2. It was free 3. It was the most easy way to experience Minecraft without paying, hence number 2, this reason was obsolete after the release of minecraft cracked accounts 4. You could play from the browser on any server straight from the web site 5. The game was still fairly new, so everyone played it, and since everyone played it, that meant even more players played and so on 6. Later, alternative clients that let you fly, noclip etc. made the game last much longer past its prime.

After Creative was released there was really no point in playing anymore. Notch had always said he would never get rid of Classic, but now that he has left he no longer has a say in Minecraft and they took the classic servers down.

At the part where you say it never goes up to 20 players, it's not true. Ablockz used to be in the ClassiCube list and had like almost 25 players online.

What Empy says explains it, especially Nr. 5., however ClassiCube is also free, and now has those and even more features. But Minecraft exists still 2009, most players already have premium, others stopped playing it, many don't even know about ClassiCube, etc...

++ok posted:++

At the part where you say it never goes up to 20 players, it's not true. Ablockz used to be in the ClassiCube list and had like almost 25 players online.

But it's really like that → at the moment. When was Ablockz available? That must have been before I found CC in September last year. The exception atm is the MyneManiacs Server, at around 8pm - Midnight (GMT), where it sometimes reaches 20+ players.

And I'm always happy when I see new players join.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑