Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

I used to host a Minecraft Classic server called Freebuild MTJG, which ran on MCForge software. I recently found ClassiCube and thought it would be cool to reopen my server (after 2 years of inactivity) using the MCForge-Redux server software for ClassiCube. I combined all of the old MCForge files with the new MCForge-Redux files, and everything seemed to work. Everything except the level files. MCForge uses .lvl for its levels, but MCForge-Redux uses .mcf files for its levels. When I rename the .lvl files to .mcf, things get a bit funky.

So I was wondering: is there any way to convert these old .lvl files to the new .mcf file type (without the levels turning out funky-looking)?

Thanks!

123DontMessWitMe Special Tue Jan 6 at 23:12:22 (2015)

Make a folder and inside that folder make another folder called "maps" put all the old .lvl files in there.

Now download this MapConverter and this Batch File and put them both in the original folder.

If you do not trust the batch file here is the code inside it:

MapConverter -r -e=MCF "maps/" -o="converted/"

Now run the batch file and after it's done there should be a folder called "converted" and in there should be all the converted maps.

This should™ work...hopefully™

Thanks! I will give that a try!

(btw, the MapConverter url is broken. I'm assuming this fCraft MapConverter application is the right one, correct?) http://www.fcraft.net/wiki/MapConverter

Well it looks like MapConverter works great! EXCEPT for the fact that special blocks like messageblocks and portals don't work anymore... Is there any way to get those back?

123DontMessWitMe Special Wed Jan 7 at 18:46:31 (2015)

Sorry, seems I moved it afterwards, and yes that is the one. No, I do not think there is anyway to get those to work.

now im having trouble converting them back .lvl since moving to .mcf changed the code but it does not seem to see the files with .mcf anything else such as .dat works.

Why in the world would you use MCForge-Redux? It's bloatware filled with bugs. For something productive, go get MCGalaxy. https://github.com/Hetal728/MCGalaxy

The download for the batch file doesn't work, i've been trying to find a way to convert for a while, would you be able to post a working download or the formatting for the code? would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Just get MCGalaxy! It accepts .lvl files fine.

MCGalaxy works perfectly, thanks!

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑