Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Is it a possibility to port to PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, Xbox, Game Cube Ect.?

Im just wondering cause they all have sticks (with the Wii you need a extra controller) and they could be single only (with friends at home too) and online for few consoles? Just wondering!

Also im fricken suprised that i got alot of replies. And half of the ports were retorical but reasonable for single player.

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Sun Apr 22 at 3:08:55 (2018)

This game is written in C# so no. (And I don't even own most of those consoles, so can't really develop for them)

PS2? Xbox? GAMECUBE? Like if it is even possible to "Download Classicube to my Nintendo GameCube from the non-existent online store." Or get a Classicube Retail Disc from a GameStop for a PS2. You've asked Santa too much gifts for X-mas.

Sometimes, dreams don't come true.

someone might have made a port on xbox one or ps4, BUT THE NINTENDO GAMECUBE OR WII, that's probably no going to happen

AndrewPH time for dominate Tue May 1 at 14:30:24 (2018)

I could imagine a wii port, though it wouldn't be very easy and would probably be limited to smaller levels due to the rendering capabilities of the wii.

More realistically, a wii u (stronger gpu and more ram) or switch port (easy peasy) would be nifty.

But that's a lot more effort than anybody's willing to spend.

The PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, Switch, and maybe even the Vita would be more than capable of running CS. But due to the programming language and the required homebrew... no.

PS3: the modding scene as far as i'm aware is pretty small so no

XB360: same as ps3

Wii: homebrew is pretty easy here, but as andrew said the wii isnt so powerful. While classicube isn't very demanding, it's not very good on something like an optiplex. though we have had srb2 ported to the wii, so that could show that YES, in theory, we could do it

PS2: same as ps3

Xbox: the modding scene is somewhat stronger here but you have the same problems as a wii. However, HL2 was ported to xbox, so you could in theory do it.

GC: even smaller scene then ps3 i think

XBone / PS4: homebrew is practicly non existant here

However, you must take into consideration that it takes quite a bit of effort to port as far as i'm aware. IMO, either an xbox port or literaly any nintendo console port would be the most likely since these consoles have larger homebrew scenes.

raspberry pie computer???

AndrewPH time for dominate Tue Jul 17 at 23:12:46 (2018)

already works on raspi. model 3 or better is recommended.

Gamecube wouldn't work at all, since the Gamecube has 24MB of main system RAM.

PS2 wouldn't work at all, since the ps2 has 32MB of RAM.

Wii has 88MB, which probably could work but is pushing it.

Original XBox has 64MB of RAM by default, and with some careful soldering that can be increased to 128MB, so again, it could probably work.

PS3/360/PS4/XBone/WiiU/Switch: All definitely powerful enough to run it, but porting to those platforms would be a pain.

NOPE on any game console listed here (GameCube [due to inferiority of its RAM compared to the original Xbox and the PlayStation 2]), Wii Original[only 88MB of RAM, how inferior]/U, Switch, Xbox Original [can work with 128MB of RAM by modifying its motherboard, 64 if unmodified]/360/One, PlayStation 2[32MB RAM, twice as much memory as Dreamcast's]/3/4, GameBoy Advance [it BARELY renders 3D that good, but some games like Mario Pinball Land are 3D on said console and it has way worse memory than the DS],Nokia N-GAGE [3.4MB RAM], PSP [64MB RAM] [3]DS [the original DS is very WEAK in terms of RAM, only 4 megabytes, 3DS is certainly way better due to having 128MB ram] or EVEN the Sega Dreamcast [one of the WORST 6th-gen consoles in RAM, only 16MB of it]), but however they may port it to the Nvidia Shield if possible.

AndrewPH time for dominate Fri Nov 2 at 23:34:21 (2018)

new3DS has 256MB of RAM, even, explaining why Minecraft 3DS is limited to the new3DS.

With enough time it could be ported to all of those consoles (although the Ps2 and GameCube would be quite limited due to their small ammount of ram, not sure about the Wii) but uh not many people are willing to spend that much time on something most people won't even know exists.

what about PS1 or N64

You're not going to play classicube with N64's 4/8MB and PS1's 2MB of ram. ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ᶦˢ ᵃˡᵐᵒˢᵗ ᵃ ʸᵉᵃʳ ᵒˡᵈ ʲᵘˢᵗ ˡᵉᵗ ᶦᵗ ᵈᶦᵉ

oh I wish I could tho

oh

i mean, theres a por for android that nobody uses anymore, but a port to ps4 or ps3 would be something else.

_Pear is actually an apple Wed May 1 at 0:43:17 (2019)

Stop, just stop. There won't be and never will be any ports.

I highly doubt Unknown is willing to port ClassiCube to PlayStation 4. Plus, we haven't even released the Steam version yet, so we don't know how people will react to a literal clone of Minecraft Classic. Literally nobody is going to play ClassiCube on obscure consoles like the GameCube (they require a miniature disc), or the Wii (just let it die in peace, please). Also, someone suggested Nintendo 64. Really, a Nintendo 64? You have to be extremely dedicated just to get CC working on a console from the 90s. Most of these consoles can't even handle running CC. If you want to play ClassiCube, use a personal computer, not a video game console.

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Wed May 1 at 9:26:30 (2019)

It would be far easier to port since the game is pure C now - majority of the code is platform independent and can be compiled straight out of the box for consoles.

You'd only need to port the platform dependent files (see misc/portability.md), and figure out how the console's controller would work with the game. (although I don't really have any interest in doing that porting)

_Pear is actually an apple Wed May 1 at 21:09:57 (2019)

Would be hard to keep it updated for older consoles (GameCube, N64, etc)

Tylerhartman2000 Sat May 4 at 0:11:47 (2019)

The Original Xbox runs Linux. Would it be possible to play ClassicCube on an OG Xbox running Linux?

AndrewPH time for dominate Sat May 4 at 2:42:11 (2019)

I doubt it would be very playable, especially considering the RAM limitations (running a full distro + running the game...)

why would someone even want to play classicube on a console?

AndrewPH time for dominate Thu May 9 at 16:08:12 (2019)

For fun

Yes, but someone should port it. the dev team is not gonna do this. PS3 and X360 (7th gen) has enough power and memory to run it in 1080p with 60 FPS. PS2 and Xbox Original (6th gen) has only 32 mb of ram and smol amount of space (PS2 uses memory cards with 16 mb max), it needs some optimization. PSP requires some changes, because it has only 64 mb RAM.

It should be finely playable with the controller, because its lot simplier than Minecraft. Classicube is well optimized, splitscreen and 16-player multiplayer is possible on 7th gen

Would be nifty, but basically like porting Call of Duty Black Ops 4 to the Commodore 64

_Pear is actually an apple Sat May 25 at 2:05:13 (2019)

This is extremely unrealistic. You are underestimating how difficult it would be to port to an old console.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑