Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

CustomBlocks batch #2

fragmer Developer, developer, developer. Mon Feb 17 at 1:19:56 (2014)

The time has come for CustomBlocks batch #2. Post all your ideas for new block types/textures here! Keep in mind that the more complicated your idea is, the less likely it is to make it into the standard. Previous suggestion thread can be found here.

My thoughts:

Stone brick slab

All smooth sandstone

Support post (Texture of non-connected fence post)

Quartz Block

Coal Block

Chest, Crafting Table, Furnace (Decoration Only?)

Different Color Logs (Most wanted: Spruce)

Possibly planks along with the logs.

^ that sounds like an ideal second package to me!

Fences

The stuff I would love to see: top half slabs and real black wool (as in the black wool from premium mc).

Edit: Maybe one new flower from mc, preferably the light-blue one.

MrBluePotato World's Bluest Potato Mon Feb 17 at 3:49:12 (2014)

all of the woods, slabs, stairs, logs, leaves and crafting table, furnace, chest. fences too.

Is there a way of modding the menu, to make it look like a minecraft 1.0 creative inventory, if all these were to be integrated?

-All wood types -some sandstone blocks (creeper face one and slab) -crafting table -brick slab -snow block -different leaves -nether brick -soul sand -cake! -end stone

Idk those are some suggestions! Also thank you to everyone who worked on the first bundle of blocks, it's really interesting to play with new materials and blocks in classic! Can't wait until the next set of blocks!

I'm feeling vines or some decorative block that can be placed on the side of already existing blocks. A block that transmits light would be really cool too. A few other plant blocks would be nice too. I was also thinking something along the lines of cherry tree leaf blocks or pines needle blocks.

Fallbacknames guys. fallback names.

++Basicaneer posted:++

Fallbacknames guys. fallback names.

... Fallback blocks are server-sided issues and I'm sure any server developer could think up of a fallback block all by themself.

AndrewPH time for dominate Mon Feb 17 at 23:00:36 (2014)

++LeChosenOne posted:++

... Fallback blocks are server-sided issues and I'm sure any server developer could think up of a fallback block all by themself.

CPE spec tells them what the fallbacks should be. It's not the server owner's choice (if they want to be 100% following cpe)

MrBluePotato World's Bluest Potato Tue Feb 18 at 1:17:13 (2014)

Block Suggestion - Fallback block

Crafting table - plank

Chest - Crate

Furnace - Cobblestone

Glowstone-type block (Lightstone?) - Glass

Fence - Planks

Vines - saplings

All plank types - planks

All log types - log

All sandstone types - Sandstone

Snowblock - white wool

Quartz block - Pillar

All slabs - stone slab

Netherbrick-style block (Shalebrick?) - Brick

Soulsand-style block (Shalesand?) - Sand

Endstone-style block (Shale?) - Stone

Coal block - Coal ore

Diamond ore - Gold ore

Diamond block - Gold block

Portal block (like the nether portal block, but maybe dont display it in the block selection screen, instead leave it for server devs to make portals with) - Water

Working slabs - Like real slabs that stack properly and stuff.

I was thinking its time for The Diamond Block and Fences in the game we need fecnces to decorate builds a little better.

New Block - Fallback Block

Diamond Block - Cyan

Grass Block - Air

Dark Green - Green

Jungle Wood - Tree

Fence - If decided to be 2 tall (17 pixels) it would be a wood block with a stone slab on top, otherwise just a wood block

MrBluePotato World's Bluest Potato Tue Feb 18 at 3:14:34 (2014)

++xnotx123 posted:++

Diamond Block - Cyan

Grass Block - Air

Dark Green - Green

Jungle Wood - Tree

Fence - If decided to be 2 tall (17 pixels) it would be a wood block with a stone slab on top, otherwise just a wood block

Why would grass be air ...?

Diamond Block - Cyan

Grass Block - Air

Dark Green - Green

Jungle Wood - Tree

Dark green already exists with forest green.

Jonty800 Serves: makes 8 Tue Feb 18 at 3:44:28 (2014)

hi can we pls have blocks which look like women becuz classic doesnt have women and i want to feel like a woman is talking to me in game because irl i am so lonely pls help cc i luv u xopxoxo

Diamond Block - Cyan

Grass Block - Air

Dark Green - Green

Jungle Wood - Tree

Grass.. already exists...

single block cobble/stone stairs, so that we don't have to do the reaaaalllyyyy long and unecessary stairs with the halfblock slabs? Fences are a definite- gotta have dem fences. I really like the sound of light emitting blocks too, if that would be simple enough to make.

Air

Er air would kind of be a griefing block if there were structures with water.

++phinbella86 posted:++

Air is already a block in the game. Break something, it gets turned to air.

123DontMessWitMe Special Tue Feb 18 at 23:32:45 (2014)

++HeroCane posted:++

single block cobble/stone stairs, so that we don't have to do the reaaaalllyyyy long and unecessary stairs with the halfblock slabs? Fences are a definite- gotta have dem fences. I really like the sound of light emitting blocks too, if that would be simple enough to make.

stairs, probably NEVER. Fences are very UNLIKELY.

(Automerge)

They said "Grass Block - Air" meaning the new block would be grass and the fallback would be air.

++123DontMessWitMe posted:++

stairs, probably NEVER. Fences are very UNLIKELY.

(Automerge)

They said "Grass Block - Air" meaning the new block would be grass and the fallback would be air.

Why probably never and unlikely?

This is still disregarding the point that grass already exists.

123DontMessWitMe Special Wed Feb 19 at 1:20:40 (2014)

++umby24 posted:++

Why probably never and unlikely?

This is still disregarding the point that grass already exists.

I ignored the stupidity of it so I didn't say anything. Stairs probably never because every server would require a total overhaul of how they store blocks. Fences are unlikely because even though the server wouldn't have to change their storage methods, it would be a pretty difficult thing to implement into the client.

MrBluePotato World's Bluest Potato Wed Feb 19 at 1:32:19 (2014)

++123DontMessWitMe posted:++

I ignored the stupidity of it so I didn't say anything. Stairs probably never because every server would require a total overhaul of how they store blocks. Fences are unlikely because even though the server wouldn't have to change their storage methods, it would be a pretty difficult thing to implement into the client.

No it wouldnt be too difficult. Mojang did it. Why cant we do it?

123DontMessWitMe Special Wed Feb 19 at 2:35:52 (2014)

We aren't Mojang.

AndrewPH time for dominate Wed Feb 19 at 4:19:51 (2014)

Steel floor block like this

123DontMessWitMe Special Wed Feb 19 at 4:48:54 (2014)

"!" block Hidden to user block selection for those servers with blocks that you hit and tell you stuff.

Support beams. wood or stone 4x4 pixles centered (Solid not like rope, flowers, mushrooms)

Cloud block.

Table top block. like a slab on the top side but 2-4 pixels thick.

I love the idea of a light emitting block. Could be great for underground. But I understand the difficulty in that. Fences would be nice too but how would you determine which way they are facing? Most likely they wouldn't take up the whole space (like rope). I also would like a block that could make me a Bacon and Lettuce sandwich. Preferably one that knows how to use the stove. I don't like microwaved bacon. k thx!

Air is already a block in the game. Break something, it gets turned to air.

I think he meant placeable air. I know it's already a block when I use /z air

I think being able to place air is stupid, I don't see much advantage- surely if your that desperate, you could place a standard block and then delete it?

I think he meant placeable air. I know it's already a block when I use /z air

hm? Replacing all air blocks between 2 points? That's odd

hm? Replacing all air blocks between 2 points? That's odd

How is that odd? ClassiCube doesn't have water or lava physics unless with special software.

Retexture snow and make carpets of various wool colors. Also, vines for the sides of blocks and torches or other ways of emitting light would be nice.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑