Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

As we know ClassiCube was made available on Steam not too long ago - this is a good thing for ClassiCube because we need all the exposure we can get. I just wanted to make this thread to discuss the idea of making it free - here are my reasons why I think that should be the case:

1. The initial wave of buyers has already passed, so less people are getting it on Steam
  2. Even if it's worth money to those who know it and love it already, new people don't understand the value of it like we do
  3. It can be downloaded online for free anyways, so making it cost something on Steam is confusing, and only lowers the amount of potential reviews and exposure CC could be receiving on Steam
  4. ClassiCube can currently be supported via Patron, and more users on CC would provide more value than the money made through Steam

For the record, I don't actually know how much ClassiCube makes on Steam nowadays, so the above points fall under the assumption that CC doesn't make much currently.

I also think that not being able to state on steam that it's actually free on the website gives it a bad reputation, as if we're trying to scam people who don't know any better, when that's not the case at all

AndrewPH time for dominate Tue Mar 10 at 7:23:53 (2020)

Steam makes up more of the revenue than patreon.

I'm just waiting for the Christmas sale.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑