Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Hi, I've been implementing CPE recently, and all extensions I've tried out so far have worked fine (CustomBlocks, ClickDistance e.t.c) however, the MessageTypes extension doesn't seem to be working for me, so I was wondering whether ClassiCube actually supports it itself, or whether I'm being stupid?

123DontMessWitMe Special Thu Dec 19 at 20:05:41 (2013)

That is because it is brand spanking new. It is being worked on by Fragmer, nothing supports it yet.

Okay, thanks for the heads up! Having much joy with all these extensions

AndrewPH time for dominate Fri Dec 20 at 0:18:01 (2013)

For future reference, the client sends the server a list of extensions that it supports. You should parse that list. If an extension isn't listed, it isn't supported in the client.

Yes, however I'm currently having a very strange problem regarding receiving the ExtEntry packets from the client. Reading the ExtInfo packet from the client works perfectly fine, however, when the server recieves the ExtEntry packet, it seems to think that the packet's ID is 69, which is undoubtedly the length, not the ID, and I really can't seem to workout why it's messing up like this, when it's working absolutely perfectly with everything else :/

Jonty800 Serves: makes 8 Fri Dec 20 at 16:11:17 (2013)

Yeah, until CPE v1.0 is finalized, there is no guarantee that ClassiCube will support all the features or they will be bug free.

This packet will take a while to implement because I want to make sure there are no glitches with re-sizing or text scaling (future feature)

Hmm, expanding on my earlier problem, it seems to stop kicking the player after I handle the EnxtInfo packet (0x10), the ExtEntry packet (0x11), and two others (0x20 & 0x6F). Anyone got any idea as to why I might be recieving the two last ones? Thanks.

Jonty800 Serves: makes 8 Sun Dec 22 at 17:22:37 (2013)

You would have to post all your code to us as this is clearly a server-sided issue

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑