Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Ok I can only download it for non-windows versions, when I go to download windows version, my Norton security says it has been moved or deleted. so what the heck happened??? And my computer is a Windows 8, and I used that windows CC client before without a problem. is it me? or has it been removed for updates or fixes?

123DontMessWitMe Special Fri Dec 20 at 14:54:44 (2013)

It's your antivirus's fault for thinking it's a virus. If a program is generally new and not many people have downloaded it, bad antivirus's will think it's suspicious and remove it for you. As of this case, it's a false-positive. The client is safe, and you can try to exclude the program/website from the antivirus scans or shut it off momentarily while you download it. Or worse comes to worse, get an actual good antivirus.

AndrewPH time for dominate Fri Dec 20 at 14:59:09 (2013)

(Originally posted by Meepologist [Link])

Ok I can only download it for non-windows versions, when I go to download windows version, my Norton security says it has been moved or deleted. so what the heck happened??? And my computer is a Windows 8, and I used that windows CC client before without a problem. is it me? or has it been removed for updates or fixes?

Norton has a history of false positives. We can't do anything about this, as we cannot afford a code-signing cert, because they are expensive and we don't have a lot of money.

But likewise, the "Non-Windows version" works perfectly fine on windows.

I rather use the Windows client...Non-Windows client runs 10 times slower than the other client on my computer.

AndrewPH time for dominate Fri Jan 3 at 17:28:22 (2014)

I rather use the Windows client...Non-Windows client runs 10 times slower than the other client on my computer.

They're literally the same code. One is just in an exe container.

Like AndrewPH said, it's the same code. It's not running slow because one is for Windows and one isn't. My guess is that it runs slower because it's on an entirely different computer.

hmmm, then its just my computer being an ass...that's all I can think of.

I got norton. Here's what I did, I disabled anti-virus autoprotect for 15 minutes, then I went over and copied the zip files to a folder, then I installed the client and once it's done, re-enable it. EDIT------------------ That's if you want the windows version, but If you still cant use it, just get the mac/.jar version. Works just the same as he said.

AndrewPH time for dominate Tue Jan 14 at 5:11:02 (2014)

(Originally posted by Basicaneer [Link])

I got norton. Here's what I did, I disabled anti-virus autoprotect for 15 minutes, then I went over and copied the zip files to a folder, then I installed the client and once it's done, re-enable it.

Are you even talking about the classicube client?

Because it's just one single executable file, and has no installation procedure.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑