Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Hey everyone!

I just found out about classicube and I think it's a good initiative to give minecraft classic a 'second chance' in some way.

A friend and I own a server on minecraft.net. Now my question is, is it possible to host the same server both on minecraft and classicube, like, you can enter it by both ways, and it will take you to the same server? If it's possible, how? Would it require the host getting different software, or is minecraft just 'compatible' with classicube.

Aug

what software is it? i know MCLawl based servers can do both Mc.net and Classicube at the same time

It's fcraft

Technically, any server can be hosted on both networks if you're willing to code it. You just need to pump heartbeats to two different URLs.

That's the easiest part though. You need to create it so people who register an account on ClassiCube.net can't steal existing minecraft accounts on your server by using the same name. My solution, as well as others, is to append a '+' sign before the name when they login through ClassiCube. The '+' isn't a valid character in minecraft accounts so it causes no problems but it changes the names so there is no conflicts. But then there are also the issues of having non-cc players in a CPE enabled server. You need fallbacks for every CPE feature so those who don't have ClassiCube can still play on the server without any hiccups. It's a huge task to take on and won't be as simple as pumping a heartbeat to both sites.

well if you don't know how to code, you can't host it for BOTH sites. if you want to convert, you can just download the site's fcraft download, then copy all the data for it to here. or just do what gamer said

AndrewPH time for dominate Wed Jan 8 at 22:14:15 (2014)

(Originally posted by gamerkd [Link])

Technically, any server can be hosted on both networks if you're willing to code it. You just need to pump heartbeats to two different URLs.

That's the easiest part though. You need to create it so people who register an account on ClassiCube.net can't steal existing minecraft accounts on your server by using the same name. My solution, as well as others, is to append a '+' sign before the name when they login through ClassiCube. The '+' isn't a valid character in minecraft accounts so it causes no problems but it changes the names so there is no conflicts. But then there are also the issues of having non-cc players in a CPE enabled server. You need fallbacks for every CPE feature so those who don't have ClassiCube can still play on the server without any hiccups. It's a huge task to take on and won't be as simple as pumping a heartbeat to both sites.

CPE fallbacks aren't too hard, I implemented customblocks fully into a 4 year old server software in about an hour (including implementing CPE itself), and that's probably one of the more challenging packets to support due to needing to filter.

The '+' will throw some bugs into your code though. Particularly with the verify name method which rejects names with a '+'. So if people login they are kicked, if people create maps with that name they are rejected, and other small annoying things I have been running into since the migration. Luckily Windows accepts '+' in their file names or this could have gotten really messy.

I wouldn't recommend it. ClassiCube just has so many features, and it really isn't too hard for players to convert to classicube. It's just a free signup, and on optional client download. Takes roughly 5m. I would just go along with a singular heartbeat, and support mc OR classicube at one time.

You're forgetting that if implemented properly, then having CPE and non-CPE clients on a server is no issue. CPE is designed with backwards compatiblity in mind. That's why you have to ensure you're using a software that implements CPE Properly and doesn't use some thrown together hack that lacks backwards compatibility. (That would mean that they don't actually support CPE ). If you're looking for a software that has it properly implemented, you may try D3 or femtocraft. However, neither of them have Dual-Heartbeat support. D3 supports ALL CPE Extensions.

And like i said, MCLawl based servers like MCdzienny can do dual heartbeat. Party Craft Lava Survival can do thatm and so can other special game type servers can too.

AndrewPH time for dominate Sat Jan 11 at 20:08:14 (2014)

The '+' will throw some bugs into your code though. Particularly with the verify name method which rejects names with a '+'. So if people login they are kicked, if people create maps with that name they are rejected, and other small annoying things I have been running into since the migration. Luckily Windows accepts '+' in their file names or this could have gotten really messy.

the usernames don't have a + in them so there's no reason for the names to fail other than comparing it against the wrong salt.

I'm saying my method of distinguishing CC players from MC players is adding a '+' sign and that I didn't account for those things when I built it that way. So if someone follows my path look out for those things.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑