Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Website: Gelman and Friends Site Over the years I have integrated my software into my website as well so you can view your players stats, hunger game stats, retrieve direct URLs, post feature requests and bug reports, restart the server, and build your own terrains.

Where: Gelman and Friends USA [Freebuild - v107.1]

We also have other 'portals' on the list which link to our server as well:

• GAMES! Battleship, Lights, Slayer, Etc
  • AWESOME Freebuild - Own Maps
  • -{REAL HUNGER GAMES v1.1}-

And our ClassiCube.net Portal:

• [MCLight] Gelman and Friends USA [Freebuild - v107.1]

Who: Me, Marcus, xnotx123, other admins and moderators. We have cycled though dozens of staff over the years.

Click here to learn more about Gamerkd (me).

What:

• ++Hunger Games:++ Our newest game which has become massive in both construction and popularity. Very similar to the format in the movie. You must kill all the other players. You can craft weapons (bow, leveler, dagger, traps) and armor (leather, iron, armor). After each game you are awarded Hunger Coins. Those Huner Coins are used to purchase items from the shop that you can use in the game. To craft you must collect 'supplies'. You collect supplies by destroying the trunks of trees. These trees in the map will regrow in 2 minutes. We have roughly 9 arenas right now. The game runs on its own and you can vote for the next arena at the end of each game. Majority of our arenas are custom made from our members so you can submit your own maps for the game. We are continually adding new features to Hunger Games as they are requested including new weapons and perks. Dagger was added last night. We've had over 1000 people play the game since it was introduced in August 2013 and about 200 active players: http://gamerkd.homenet.org/hunger_games.php

• ++Economy++ - Every hour you get a paycheck based on your wage which is based on your rank. Higher ranks get a larger wage per minute. You are only paid for the times you are not AFK.

• ++Homes/Personal Maps++ - first map is free, the others cost in game money.

• ++Server AI:+ We call her SARA (Server Automated Response Assistance). She will answer questions for you if you ask them in the server (much like Siri) and help you build a home. She also monitors the server for griefers, spammers, and advertisers. She will auto-mute spammers and auto-rank people who have been on the server long enough. She is being built so the server will moderate itself without the use of active moderators.

• ++IRC:++ We have an IRC so most of our mods and others can talk to the server without actually being in it. We have IRC commands so our OPs can execute commands from IRC.

• ++Command Bypass:++ Inside your home map you are given access to almost all the commands and blocks. They are not given to you in a public area because we want to prevent people from destroying things they don't own. But if you wreck your own home that doesn't affect anyone else so we give you full access.

• ++Contests:++ We periodically have building contests. The top three winners get in-game money, a special login message, and the ability to color their name with whatever colors they want. We've had roughly 24 contests since they were introduced in June 2011.

• ++Request Command/Report Bugs:++ This server has a developer who is active so I take bug reports and command requests from my users. You can request these in game with a command or through the bug report application on our website.

Games: Over the years I have built many games:

• ++Lights++ - A pit is below you. The ground highlights then deletes. Survive.
  • ++LavaSurvival++ - Lava starts flowing slowly in the top corner of the map. Bunker down in a building and patch any holes the lava creates. Lava will RANDOMLY destroy any block. Survive.
  • ++Battleship++ - A battleship board is built. Place your ships. Choose your coordinates and sink your opponent's ships.
  • ++Checkers++ - A board is built. Choose your moves.
  • ++HangMan++ - A game played with everyone in the server if they want to guess your letters.
  • ++Slayer++ - Kill each other with /gun. Survive.
  • ++BetaMode++ - Levels are specially constructed with caverns underground (like in premium) and ores are placed randomly underground. Dig until you find a cavern then search for the ores (iron, gold, diamond). Each one is worth a different amount of points. Winner after 10 minutes is the one with the most points.
  • ++WhoAmI++ - Pick a word. Have others guess who you are.
  • ++TrickTreat++ - Created for Halloween. Place a candy bag block and collect 30 random candies. There are 35 different types of candies. Stand within 3 blocks of a person and use /tricktreat to collect candies from them.
  • ++RP Mode++ - Use /disguise to change your player to any other player (and get their skin in the process). Only people in 'disguise mode' can see your disguise to prevent confusion and impersonation.
  • ++Lottery++ - Add $5 to the community pot and hope that your lottery ticket is the winner.
  • ++Buy/Backpack++ - Create items and buy/sell them with players.
  • ++Ambush++ - Spawn zombies or creepers in waves. Survive.
  • ++Ants++ - Start underground. Lava pit is above you and slowly flowing downward. Tunnel your way underground and avoid the lava. Careful, once you have too many tunnels the lava will start flowing down those tunnels and corner you.
  • ++BountyHunter++ - Put a bountry on someone with your money. First to kill them gets your money.
  • ++Infection++ - One person is the zombie and infects others by touching them. Last one alive wins.
  • ++Meteors++ - Build a home. Meteors will rain from the sky. Survive.

Other Commands:

• ++bulb++ - create a string of x-mas lights that flash
  • ++c4++ - place c4, detonate with a detonation code
  • ++commandblock++ - when you walk over it a command is executed
  • ++drill++ - drill a hole straight down
  • ++house++ - build a house with X amount of floors, x width, x depth, and a color scheme
  • ++lockdoor++ - add a lock to a door that must be opened with a password
  • ++mirror++ - create a mirror section so when you build on one side it builds on the other side
  • ++moneychest++ - place your money in a block so when clicked it can be recovered by someone
  • ++texture++ - set a texture to be downloaded for your map
  • ++blueprint++ - display an on screen map of where the others players are
  • ++compass++ - display a compass on the ground for orientation with building
  • ++grieferwatch++ (one of my first commands) - displays the build/destroy ratio of all players in the game
  • ++parrot++ - when parroting someone when they execute commands it will tell you what they typed
  • ++phonebook++ - find your homes
  • ++topten++ - display the top players in 12 different categories and find your ranking in those categories.
  • many more..

Why: Me and another person used to frequent the Reddit server back in 2010 a lot. That place was so unmoderated and there was grief everywhere so I decided to try to create my own server. In December 2010 the software I used, MCLawl, went open source so I took this opportunity to tune the server how I wanted (since I studied Computer Science). What started as an expected month long project ended up lasting more than three years. I have added countless commands to the server as well as games and an AI. Today we have over 75,000 unique visitors and over 7000 maps. I continue to develop for my custom software MCLight which is private, and closed source for my server only.

THAT is how you advertise a server, kids. Not a 'join my server, is cool' message.

Did I miss anything guys (Marcus, xnotx123)?

Also Andrew, it would be really helpful if you could preview threads before posting them. When I make long posts like this I like to preview them and their markup before I submit. So I had to keep editing one of my previous posts in a different thread with this text to verify everything was correct.

I think you got it all, nice job. (:

Awesome!

indie_

This post has been hidden by the ClassiCube moderation team.
This post has been hidden by the ClassiCube moderation team.
🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑