Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

[GemsCraft] What is it? How Do I Get It? How Do I Use it?

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Sun Jan 19 at 3:09:09 (2014)

img

Version Release Date
1.0.2.3 2/21/2014
1.0.2.4 3/21/2014
1.0.2.5 4/13/2014
1.0.2.6 5/10/2014
1.0.2.7 6/10/2014
1.0.2.8 7/10/2014
1.0.2.9 8/10/2014
1.0.3 9/10/2014

*There might be slight sub versions such as i.e. 1.0.2.5_3 fixing bugs and whatnot.

GemsCraft is a Hosting Software compatible with both Minecraft.net and ClassiCube.net plus it has CPE enabled. (Thank you DingusBungus and LeChosenOne). Anyways, this software was forked from LegendCraft, so as a result, it was based off of LegendCraft, 800craft, and fCraft.

It has all of the features of LegendCraft from LegendCraft Version 2.2.0. It can be run on Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1, but it is highly recommended you use Vista+. High CPU usage with Java related tasks on Windows XP has had crashing issues. Do not use Windows XP. Also, Windows XP will be unsupported as of April 8, 2014. It is recommended if you wish to start a Classic Server that you upgrade to at least Vista. Also, Linux users using Mono 2.0+ will work. Read the LegendCraft tutorial on how to do so. We will have a tutorial set up with GemsCraft ASAP when I do a release of GemsCraft 1.0.3

To download GemsCraft, you can find version 1.0.2.1 currently at The GemsCraft Website. To set up your server, once the download has been unzipped, open up ConfigGUI.exe. Name your server and set a Message of the Day (MOTD). Set whether you want your heartbeat to go to ClassiCube or Minecraft. It is next recommended you enter the "Ranks" tab and start setting up the ranks.. When I release 1.0.3, there will be a tutorial app included to help guide you along with the server process.

Under the Ranks Tab, you can click "Delete" or "Add" Ranks. You can also set a variety of permissions and permission limits. When 1.0.3 releases, there will be 3 new permissions: Nuke (Guess you'll have to find out >:D), Donator (the ability to add/remove someone as a Donator on the server), and DonatorPermissions, meaning if you want to have a specific rank to have Donator permissions, then you can use this.

Also, we have added 2 new command categories that will be chock full with brand new commands! /commands social returns commands like posting updates to Facebook in game and a whole ton of other new features. Also, there is /commands Donator, with specific commands meant for Donators of the specific server!

Also, make sure you port forward. If you want your server to extend past your local network, this is a must. The tutorial app will have an excellent section dedicated to just doing this.

There is a ton of other misc features in the ConfigGUI that you can mess around with. When you are done with everything, you can either click "OK," (which will save your changes and close the program), or "Apply," (saves changes but keeps app open).

Next, run ServerGUI.exe (for those of of you who use CLI, it will not be included in the main download anymore. There will be a seperate website when 1.0.3 releases for ServerCLI) and let your server start.

Really cool thing: IRC

Another cool thing: You can use 800craft/LegendCraft plugins with GemsCraft

Another cool thing: ServerGUI was redesigned

Another cool thing: A New Game Has been Created for GemsCraft called ClassiCube Jump. It was inspired by a world on a server called "Rising Embers." It's sort of like a parkour for ClassiCube. Unfortunately, I cannot make it into a plugin because the game requires some dependencies in the program. :(

Another cool moderating thing: A New Banning Command called Nuke. /nuke PlayerName. Bans player with Reason of "PlayerName Has Been Nuked." Then, it gives them the NickName of Nuked(Random Number)(Random Number)(Random Number). Pretty cool, huh? Sadly, these cool things won't be available until 1.0.3, which I expect to be released in February.

We might have a donation ability on the GemsCraft website; it all depends! We will only add it if people are actually willing to donate to help improve the quality of GemsCraft.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and have a fantastic day (or night.... whichever you prefer )

I recommend reformatting this to look pretty! Keep in mind "You have to press enter twice in order to make a new line in your post." So I recommend going back and separating the info with line breaks to make it nice and readable.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑