Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Hello

Sorry for my approximate English, I'm french and I don't master English perfectly.

I discovered classicube two days ago and i have an old minecraft classic server, I want to port it on classicube to be able to run it again. I know how to do, the problem is not here.

But I have a few questions: The project was pretty young is not it? (November 2013?) What is the long-term projects of classicube? (remain basic as the classic, improve and follow minecraft beta, or something else?) It looks like there are not many people in this community, so if I make my server compatible whith classicube, it can't really having success ....

Thanks

Trino

AndrewPH time for dominate Mon Jan 27 at 15:41:57 (2014)

++trino posted:++

Hello

Sorry for my approximate English, I'm french and I don't master English perfectly.

I discovered classicube two days ago and i have an old minecraft classic server, I want to port it on classicube to be able to run it again. I know how to do, the problem is not here.

But I have a few questions: The project was pretty young is not it? (November 2013?) What is the long-term projects of classicube? (remain basic as the classic, improve and follow minecraft beta, or something else?) It looks like there are not many people in this community, so if I make my server compatible whith classicube, it can't really having success ....

Thanks

Trino

Our goal is to allow new users to use Classic, since it's rather.. broken on minecraft.net.

We're also bringing loads of new features to the developers of custom servers with the Client Protocol Extensions, which is something we wanted to do long before ClassiCube was even a thought (early 2013 is as early as wiki.vg's history shows). While we don't plan on following beta, we do plan on adding more features through CPE.

Also, for future reference, we officially opened up in mid-late October 2013, but we were online as early as September. We just had lots of errors prior to official 'release'. We've also got about 3,700 users. Not a huge amount, but it's not too bad.

The client is stable with java 7, it allowed me to go for a ride on the classic, beautiful work. And better than wom.

The client can also load addon sent by the server to customize it more? (add blocks, features) This is a feature that would interest me very much, to develop a game starting from a very simple basis.

There are 3700 members, but I counted 20-30 players on 30 servers this weekend.

123DontMessWitMe Special Mon Jan 27 at 16:03:14 (2014)

There are 3700 members, but I counted 20-30 players on 30 servers this weekend.

Not everyone plays at the same time

The client is stable with java 7, it allowed me to go for a ride on the classic, beautiful work. And better than wom.

The client can also load addon sent by the server to customize it more? (add blocks, features) This is a feature that would interest me very much, to develop a game starting from a very simple basis.

The Classic Protocol Extension allows the addition of new blocks and other features. If it is mutually supported by both Server and Client, then the extension will be enabled, and the features will be available.

Not sure if that answers your question

So I must modify the client if I want to add aditional content compared to what exists with classicube? The sources are available?

it could be well that the client download the modules it needs to function properly with the server. Anyway, it turns more suggestion than anything else.

Thank you for your answers.

So I must modify the client if I want to add aditional content compared to what exists with classicube? The sources are available?

it could be well that the client download the modules it needs to function properly with the server. Anyway, it turns more suggestion than anything else.

Thank you for your answers.

The way CPE works both the client and the server tell each other that they mutually support an extension. If both of them do support it then the client activates it. The client doesn't have to download the modules, they are predefined and built into it.

The source of ClassiCube can be found here. You could edit the client to add your own additional extensions but I don't recommend that.

AndrewPH time for dominate Tue Jan 28 at 9:13:26 (2014)

++Marcus posted:++

You could edit the client to add your own additional extensions but I don't recommend that.

Yeah, if you want to contribute an extension, suggest it to us on the github issue tracker and we'll consider it.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑