Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

People spam servers cause of classicube. Cc hosting let you host as many servers u want. But there should be 1 server by specific. And maybe you guys should ask Monjang for maybe 2 of their developers to moderate the minecraft classic servers on mc.net. Cause all these fake servers discourages people from playing.

123DontMessWitMe Special Sat Feb 8 at 14:32:32 (2014)

Classicube only allows 5 servers per IP address not "as many servers u want". And all the fake servers are mostly still there because the server list on minecraft.net is actually very broken. It does not remove old/unused heartbeats from the list so if a new entry is added it keeps on adding it. Thus why there is now 1700+ servers instead of the 70 there were before it broke. And I doubt they would waste one of their dev's time on fixing it.

So that means Mojang dont care 1/4 of their community :(

123DontMessWitMe Special Sat Feb 8 at 16:29:49 (2014)

They would rather remove classic minecraft as a whole rather than having to do anything related to classic minecraft. The most they have done so far was giving AndrewPH the permission to use classic minecraft source files and make his own classic minecraft community.

They should maybe sponsor CC on the Classic page to lead them to this community so that they still have a place to play classic if they do completely remove it.

123DontMessWitMe Special Sat Feb 8 at 16:58:21 (2014)

I think someone already tried to take that into their own initiative by spamming the server list. And I think it would look bad if they advertise it when the whole list is spammed with it anyway. And besides all that, they really don't care about classic minecraft. So I don't think they would ever even consider sponsoring Classicube on the server list.

Eh, at least they listened to APH when he asked for permission to the code of classic. Let's just deal with this spamming. Also, that idiot who is spamming the MC Classic list is just an idiot. Let people decide if they want to go to CC or just stay with MC.

123DontMessWitMe Special Sat Feb 8 at 17:06:30 (2014)

Their conversation if you are interested ClickHere

LOl dinnerbone.

++123DontMessWitMe posted:++

Their conversation if you are interested ClickHere

Than mojang should give classicube full privalages of minecraft classic. Than mods and developers in cc can moderate the servers

++ph3x posted:++

Than mojang should give classicube full privalages of minecraft classic. Than mods and developers in cc can moderate the servers

That's a smart idea...but the chances of that working out is very low.

AndrewPH time for dominate Fri Feb 14 at 19:53:44 (2014)

I'm an op in the official Minecraft IRC, but I don't think that's what you meant :P

++AndrewPH posted:++

I'm an op in the official Minecraft IRC, but I don't think that's what you meant :P

I never knew that...so you should be only one taking care of minecraft classic than

Him (and the other contributers to server softwares and the classicube client) are the only contributers to Classicube / Minecraft Classic. Mojang won't work on it at all.

Do you mean APH should be the one to manage the minecraft.net server list?

Of Course umby24 ! Uhh but can Monjang at least put the mc classic link in the bottom section of the mc.net? Thats the only thing Mongang can do, nothing else/

AndrewPH time for dominate Sat Feb 15 at 1:21:37 (2014)

Of Course umby24 ! Uhh but can Monjang at least put the mc classic link in the bottom section of the mc.net? Thats the only thing Mongang can do, nothing else/

They really don't want to touch classic at all. That excerpt was from an argument about it, about a year ago, where both grum and dinnerbone repeatedly said that mojang doesn't care about classic and doesn't want to touch it with a 500 ft pole.

I don't blame them, it's buggy and old.

++AndrewPH posted:++

They really don't want to touch classic at all. That excerpt was from an argument about it, about a year ago, where both grum and dinnerbone repeatedly said that mojang doesn't care about classic and doesn't want to touch it with a 500 ft pole.

I don't blame them, it's buggy and old.

true...but we would miss them good old days.

Old sure, buggy.. not that i've seen.

AndrewPH time for dominate Sat Feb 15 at 4:29:02 (2014)

++umby24 posted:++

Old sure, buggy.. not that i've seen.

the deobfuscated client code (that they have) is apparently not any better off than the code we have.

That's an odd reaction of monjang. It's like they dont want to fix what they made. But Aph, are YOU able to conduct the website at least a little? Since your an OP

AndrewPH time for dominate Sat Feb 15 at 4:43:11 (2014)

That's an odd reaction of monjang. It's like they dont want to fix what they made. But Aph, are YOU able to conduct the website at least a little? Since your an OP

IRC ops have no power on the site.

Hmm, than who's the only one in the team of monjang that cares the most? :That conducts the site:

I believe none of them do

Than..we might have to watch the spam. There's gonna be thousands of fake servers. Which means classic will die anyways

Jonty800 Serves: makes 8 Tue Feb 18 at 23:56:02 (2014)

Which means classic will die anyways

It's already dead

ph3x, just stop caring about the minecraft.net server list, there's nothing you can do about it :')

++HeroCane posted:++

ph3x, just stop caring about the minecraft.net server list, there's nothing you can do about it :')

/like there's nothing that anybody who doesn't have power to mojang can do about it.

Minecraft Classic is dead, everything dies so just deal with it.

Wait shouldn't this topic be, like, deleted or locked? Since we can't really do anything about it and it is real old?

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑