Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

As much as I hate to say it, it is time to move along away from classic. Our servers are dead and there is no longer any need to continue running Classic servers. We are only harming our communities by keeping them alive. I will miss it. I remember my noobish self on Uprise Gaming and how I first became a staff on Rising Embers where I was welcomed by a great set of people. Especially by DingusBungus who took me under his wing as he guided me through everything. That dork better respond. So did LunaLunarWolf and Anders Enga.

I will never forget the day HeyMan7 agreed to host my first ever server Green Emeralds. Those were the good times when Rising Embers was so fun I saw it as my server home and when the greatest friends came to run Green Emeralds.

When ClassiCube came around it hit like thunder. But then me and my best friend started fighting and of my good minecraft friends, emmaelise401, had to take the butt end of it because my best friend lied about emms. I was devastated. Hurt. And ditched my best friend. I had yelled and screamed at emma over Skype because I was so fooled. Emma forgave me. And that's how I realized everything good has it's life span.

Look at it this way, Classic is this guy named Joe. His Daddy is Mojang. One day the Dad goes crazy with power and injures Joe on purpose. Joe is put on life support even though he sheds no hope and he is about to die. They are paying for something that will do little Joe no good. I see ClassiCube as the life support. It was a decent effort but it ultimately failed.

I will miss every single one of you. But we need to not dwell in the past but to move along. Move to the future. The future won't come if you don't go to it.

HeyMan7 helped host the TFOC community also. I kind of bugged him once when i once won a building contest and got promoted to a rank that had some missing cmds. I will miss this community. I remember i had to get my first laptop in order to play the game without lag, April 2013. Then I bought a premium account, but still played classic until our servers started dying, which ended around January or February 2014. By then I owned the server, David_Craft, Managed the awesome server, Awesome Craft, and admin on Craft o Rama.

Funny. The same is (or was) actually happening with the fan base at buildandshoot.com.

Also they had the same problem with people not willing to choose a direction for the future of their game. I think we should decide now and may add new kinds of features. Things like new blocks or the ability to play sounds by a custom extension would be great. Also I think we should move away from our "easy-start-by-applet" thing. Why not make our own game that's not reliant to any browsers?

AndrewPH time for dominate Mon Jun 2 at 19:44:15 (2014)

As a note, ClassiCube isn't costing me anything since I work for my host.

I'm going to wait until the end of July to make a verdict for my server since kids are still in school right now and taking finals. If it's still this dead in mid-summer I'll prolly call it quits in the Fall. I'm sad to see it go. I've had my server running since 2010 when I started college. It was my goto home project. It helped me land two internships and an eventual career. I learned PHP for the server and built my entire website around it. To see that all go to waste...sucks. But that's life. My project for several years was Halo PC and then that died and I moved to minecraft. Now I'll need to find something else...

If there's anything I've ever learned from life it's that everything good in your life will eventually come to an end. Friends, family, fads, jobs, homes, websites, TV shows (even The Simpsons), hangouts, vehicles, companies - they all will end.

Don't take what you've got right now for granted - everything has an expiration date. As depressing as that sounds...

AndrewPH time for dominate Mon Jun 2 at 23:51:32 (2014)

Halo PC just got a patch, actually. It's still very much alive.

Wow, maybe I will go back to Halo.

So Bungie can resurrect a game that is over 13 years old but Mojang can't keep a game that is 4 years old alive.

Wow. Simply pathetic. Bungie, you continue to strive for your goal of world domination with copious amounts of effort. Mojang, I'll dig a hole over here that you can die in.

Live stats about our community

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Wed Jun 4 at 15:40:42 (2014)

What I've been working hard on is a Block-Type game just like Minecraft that has a HUGE story line. Also, you have to take care of your needs while you build and adventure. For instance, if you gotta go pee, you go pee. Maybe we can redirect some of these Classic Hosting Softwares when I get the game ready for Alpha. Have them be set up for my multiplayer servers. :-D

Let me know when you're done so I can test it out, Alex.

come on classic isn't dead

It is dying, as you can see lack of players, like every server has 0 players, and some 1 server has 1 players. Also i see the some players in my evening.

EDIT: Also i see evening is popular for many players.

AndrewPH time for dominate Sat Jun 14 at 0:23:44 (2014)

Part of the issue is that almost every single server is just your run-of-the-mill creative.

There are very few gamemode-based servers.

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Tue Jun 17 at 19:18:15 (2014)

If we can fix that issue Andrew CC would be better. Like creating an official server host for Classicube likewhat Mojang does for MC

Came to play Minecraft Classic, saw this spammed all over the server listing.. am I too late?

AndrewPH time for dominate Fri Jun 27 at 0:06:08 (2014)

++Eevee posted:++

Came to play Minecraft Classic, saw this spammed all over the server listing.. am I too late?

some jerk did that, presumably to make us look bad. Our client/serverlist work fine, so you can play ClassiCube pretty well.

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Mon Jun 30 at 11:48:49 (2014)

++AndrewPH posted:++

some jerk did that, presumably to make us look bad. Our client/serverlist work fine, so you can play ClassiCube pretty well.

Wait what was spammed?

Take a look at http://minecraft.net/classic/list and then sort by player count. Then you'll now what AndrewPH is refering to.

alexpotter96 TheNerdBoy Wed Jul 2 at 0:58:32 (2014)

ByteBit I want to help you with ClassicByte. Even better I have an actual Android 4.4.4 device to test on

(Automerge)

And I saw the Spam. That's bad bad bad

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑