Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Hey guys,

I am building my own server software, so I want to hear from the users out in the community so I can better taylor the server for what people want.

What are the killer features you MUST have in a software to use it?

Ex. Categorized commands list, scripting, /box (cuboid), ect.

I am building the software from scratch, it will not be based on anything.

Thanks for your input!

Plugin manager definitely! (What language are you using? I wanna make weird plugins for you lol.) Also, people really like Bot systems and built in games. On top of that, fancy building commands and world generation commands are what draws builders and whatnot. There's also the standard moderation commands such as /mute, /kick, /ban, /unban, /ipban, /freeze, etc. I remember when I was actively oping on servers, I always used different mixtures of moderation commands. Basically, most of the basics have been thought up of by now and are in use with other servers. On the host-end side, make sure to have simple, clear, and effective GUIs. Less is sometimes more since new server hosts are easily confused by all of the features. That's all I could think of off the top of my head. If there's anything specific you need, I'm on IRC and here.

Using C#, with NLua being used to provide a type of scripting / plugins. Allows you to reload plugins on the fly without restarting the server, prevents having to make .net compile stuff, ect.

I haven't done much work GUI wise, trying to get the core server all setup, performance increased as much as possible, ect. before I move on to making that, as I plan to make the server configurable through the gui as well.

hi

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑