Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

When I joined this classicube I enjoyed it. But theres one problem or maybe its just me. But some servers are opened for example if I want to get to extreme zombie survival and its not on the list of the server link. But its on minecraft.net/classic/list when I check, its online. Some servers aren't registered on this classicube. Can you make a way for us to search for the server we want to join instead of looking down at the list.

123DontMessWitMe Special Fri Nov 1 at 16:43:00 (2013)

That's because Classicube.net and Minecraft.net are not connected AT ALL what so ever except for the few servers that send their information to both websites.

But are they ever going to get the server to connect? I mean its annoying being interested in this. Then having to use the old version missing out on the fun of this website. v.v

I agree. I wonder myself.

(Automerge)

But anyhow. I doubt they will ever connect it to minecraft.net

123DontMessWitMe Special Sat Nov 2 at 23:21:32 (2013)

If you haven't noticed Minecraft.net classic servers have been dying off a lot quicker and quicker lately.

They(mojang peeps(mostly mollstam)) have done many things to break classic servers and are most likely going to completely remove it from the site soon anyway. That's what classicube is here for, to bring classic back to what it used to be.

(Originally posted by 123DontMessWitMe [Link])

If you haven't noticed Minecraft.net classic servers have been dying off a lot quicker and quicker lately.

They(mojang peeps(mostly mollstam)) have done many things to break classic servers and are most likely going to completely remove it from the site soon anyway. That's what classicube is here for, to bring classic back to what it used to be.

Exactly, that's how I feel. Its sad that the servers are dying and ill miss MC Classic but it was gonna go sooner or later

AndrewPH time for dominate Sun Nov 3 at 18:31:22 (2013)

(Originally posted by Drakath [Link])

When I joined this classicube I enjoyed it. But theres one problem or maybe its just me. But some servers are opened for example if I want to get to extreme zombie survival and its not on the list of the server link. But its on minecraft.net/classic/list when I check, its online. Some servers aren't registered on this classicube. Can you make a way for us to search for the server we want to join instead of looking down at the list.

Our server list is the list of servers that tell us that they exist.

We will not (and cannot) scrape minecraft.net to add some servers to our list.

Yeah basically classicube is a replacement for minecraft.net so they can continue the minecraft classic future.

(Originally posted by 123DontMessWitMe [Link])

That's because Classicube.net and Minecraft.net are not connected AT ALL what so ever except for the few servers that send their information to both websites.

(Automerge)

(Originally posted by bobgoogwin123 [Link])

ha ha

I am trying to connect to a server that I know exists on this site but it wont appear?

(Originally posted by kingofgaming5 [Link])

I am trying to connect to a server that I know exists on this site but it wont appear?

What exactly does that mean?

AndrewPH time for dominate Mon Nov 25 at 23:16:32 (2013)

It means that the server isn't sending a public heartbeat.

Also, there may be some confusion because some servers DO connect to both mc.net and cc.net. For example, Extreme Zombie Survival is connected to both mc.net and cc.net so players from both can play on the same server; However, this doesn't mean that the sites are in any way connected. Those particular servers choose to post on both sites and allow ALL players from both clients (ones configured for mc.net and for classicube) to join their server. The problem with these servers is that they have no CPE support, meaning they have none of the new stuff ClassiCube has to offer (at least on the mc.net clients). I think as more and more servers die off of mc.net, they will slowly move here to create a pretty solid community.

AndrewPH time for dominate Tue Nov 26 at 1:20:13 (2013)

(Originally posted by DingusBungus [Link])

Also, there may be some confusion because some servers DO connect to both mc.net and cc.net. For example, Extreme Zombie Survival is connected to both mc.net and cc.net so players from both can play on the same server; However, this doesn't mean that the sites are in any way connected. Those particular servers choose to post on both sites and allow ALL players from both clients (ones configured for mc.net and for classicube) to join their server. The problem with these servers is that they have no CPE support, meaning they have none of the new stuff ClassiCube has to offer (at least on the mc.net clients). I think as more and more servers die off of mc.net, they will slowly move here to create a pretty solid community.

I believe a few of them do feature cpe features, since it is a backwards compatible extension of the protocol.

I mean I'm trying to join party craft lava survival and its not there, also party craft zombie survival isn't there?

AndrewPH time for dominate Thu Nov 28 at 0:33:58 (2013)

I mean I'm trying to join party craft lava survival and its not there, also party craft zombie survival isn't there?

They need to send a heartbeat to us in order to be listed.

123DontMessWitMe Special Thu Nov 28 at 1:34:17 (2013)

Are those one of the servers that are also on the same system as like 7 servers?

I think

(Originally posted by kingofgaming5 )

mean I'm trying to join party craft lava survival and its not there, also party craft zombie survival isn't there?

King, i think that key's (the host for those 2 PC servers) has either shut down his computer, lost his internet, or the heartbeat or console isn't open. That's all the possibilities i can think of.

(Originally posted by phinbella86 [Link])

King, i think that key's (the host for those 2 PC servers) has either shut down his computer, lost his internet, or the heartbeat or console isn't open. That's all the possibilities i can think of. Yup, thank you I found it becuase key gave me a link.

So I'm guessing what WOM did was scrape the page for the URLs on Minecraft.net? That would explain why it was so slow too.

AndrewPH time for dominate Thu Dec 5 at 18:31:21 (2013)

(Originally posted by gamerkd [Link])

So I'm guessing what WOM did was scrape the page for the URLs on Minecraft.net? That would explain why it was so slow too.

Yeah, that's exactly what it did. That's why it also broke a bunch whenever minecraft.net changed.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑