Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

HOW DO I MAKE A MCGALAXY SERVER???

How do I make a server? Do I need port forwarding? I've spent hours trying to setup servers in the past but I want that to change! I NEED HELP [UPDATE]: I ran the MCGalaxy file and did some things. Whenever I try to join through ClassicalSharp it stays on "Waiting for Handshake" [UPDATE2]: Someone on a server told me to port forward. According to the internet and my knowledge I port forward by typing my ipv4 into my browser and going to some page. Here's where the trouble begins. The ip my MCGalaxy runs on is 71.202.165.11 and my port forward page only let's me port forward an ip that starts with 192.168.1 and then a blank for whatever suffix you need. HOW DO I PORT FORWARD MY IP?!?!?!?

Well I'm going to assume you're running on a Windows operating system.

1) Open a command prompt, type 'ipconfig' without quotes and hit enter.

2) Find the section for your Ethernet/WiFi Adapter. I suggest you run your server on Ethernet and not WiFi for obvious performance issues but that's your final call.

3) Find your Default Gateway IP and your IPv4 address.

4) Input the Default Gateway address into your browser.

5) Log into your router and find your port forwarding menu.

6) When prompted for the forwarding details(varies based on firmware/manufacturer), specify a name for your service, the protocol(TCP/UDP), External Starting/Ending Port(MCGalaxy Default: 25565), and make sure your internal IP address matches that for your IPv4 address you gathered above.

7) Click Apply/Okay (Or whatever your button to submit new changes is called).

8) Start your server running on the port you just opened.

If you want more personalized help your operating system name and version as well as your router/modem make and model would be required.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑