Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

This is to hard for me, I don't know how to make a server. I want to make my own but I have no clue on how. is there a SIMPLE way to do it? or do you have to be like a NASA scientist to figure this out?

AndrewPH time for dominate Fri Nov 8 at 22:51:14 (2013)

(Originally posted by Meepologist [Link])

This is to hard for me, I don't know how to make a server. I want to make my own but I have no clue on how. is there a SIMPLE way to do it? or do you have to be like a NASA scientist to figure this out?

You run your choice of server software, ensuring that you've configured it properly beforehand.

You may also need to port forward. Use google for that one.

I have no idea how porting forward works...and I work on computers. so somethin' aint right? or somethin' aint registering in my mind.

AndrewPH time for dominate Fri Nov 8 at 23:52:47 (2013)

I have no idea how porting forward works...and I work on computers. so somethin' aint right? or somethin' aint registering in my mind.

It's something that you have to do so that your router knows to send data coming into port 'x' straight to your computer.

Its a networking thing, you need to do so if you are behind a router.

Hello there. For those of you that don't know how to start a classiccube server, I'm here to assist. Note: A router is required to do this and I may have a different router than you so things will be slightly different. I will try my best explaining this with step-by-step instructions.

1. First you're gonna need the server itself. I'll give you a link to MCDzienny since that's what I'll be using for this example. Link: http://mcdzienny.cba.pl/download/MCDzienny10.1.6.zip

2. When you get your folder, extract it then run MCDzienny application. That will startup the console and create additional server files. After you've generated the files then it's time for the fun part... Customization. For customizing you'll want to navigate to the 'Properties' tab. In there you'll find 9 categories. Go through all the categories and fill in the info you wish. Don't worry about server port yet though. The customizing is pretty self explanatory so there really isn't a need for me to show you how to do it.

3. Alright, I'm assuming you configured your server (which took hopefully 30+ min). Now for the portforwarding, which really isn't all that bad. Here's how to do it (I'm using Netgear):

. Go to your start button and type in the search 'cmd' . In cmd type 'ipconfig' . Locate the default gateway - should be in this format. '192.168..' . Keep cmd open. Open up your web browser and type in the gateway on the search at the top... not using google!

. You'll most likely get a box asking for Username and password. If you know for a fact that it's default, chances are it'll be: Username: admin Password: admin or Username: admin Password: password There's a few more possibilities. If you can't get in then you will need to find your credentials before you can continue.

. If you're on Netgear, go to 'Advanced' tab on the top. Then go to 'Advanced Setup', then click 'Port Forwarding / Port Triggering'. If we're on the same page, click 'Add Service' that's on the page. It might be 'Add Custom Service' doesn't matter. Now you need to fill in the info... Service Name: Server - Can be whatever. Service Type: TCP/UDP Service Port: 25565 Ending Port: 25565 Server Ip Address: For this field, go to cmd and look for you IPV4. That will be what you paste there. Apply, and restart MCDzienny so it'll run. Make sure the Server Port in the properties for MCDzienny matches the server port you put for the Portforwarding. If you don't get any errors and/or you get a message saying "Creating listening socket on port 25565..." "Done" Then you're all set.

For other routers you have, it will be generally the same. You need to find a page where you can Portforward, usually under advanced setup or something like that. If you have a Router/Modem then your chances of it working are a bit lower since it may not have that available.

Anyway, hopefully I was of any help. If you ran into any problems, feel free to message me and I'll try to work with you.

You do not have to restart the software after port forwarding. Addtionally, on some router brands it will be under applications or gaming. If you want specific instructions for your particular router, use Portforward.com , it has guides for thousands of routers, including their default credentials.

I will write a tutorial, possibly make a video as well on initial setup of software.

ikr

makes no sense at all to me...

makes no sense at all to me...

But he gave you a descriptive tutorial on how to do it. It should make sense, it's pretty simple.

its very easy

Once you have done it and know your way around your router, port-forwarding is easy. The first time though... Good luck... Also the first thing I ask people when they say "I want to start a server" is: "Do you have access to your router, i.e. User and Pass to configure it?" because many people go through the trouble of downloading a server software, configuring a server and then realize they can't even host because they do not have the credentials to access their router. (You have to remember many little kids want to start servers). In my honest opinion, if you could not understand Weasels' tutorial and cannot figure out how to set up a server, then you are really not cut out to own a server anyways. Starting a server is the easy part - managing it and customizing it to where people love it and then keeping it up and running smoothly for a long time: Now that is the hard part. If you can't manage to even start one, then good luck running a successful server.

lol i want to make my server but to much things to do can somebody make one for me?

I am really sick of kids who want hand outs. Like the others have said, if you can't make it on your own you shouldn't be running a server. Simple as that. We learned everything we know from reading tutorials online and self-teaching ourselves. If you can't be bothered with that "evil reading thing" then don't run a server. Creating a server is not for the lazy.

AndrewPH time for dominate Sat Nov 30 at 19:03:31 (2013)

(Originally posted by gamerkd [Link])

I am really sick of kids who want hand outs. Like the others have said, if you can't make it on your own you shouldn't be running a server. Simple as that. We learned everything we know from reading tutorials online and self-teaching ourselves. If you can't be bothered with that "evil reading thing" then don't run a server. Creating a server is not for the lazy.

Instant gratification is a nasty plague.

I can easily make servers, but finding an adequate host is the hard part. Having a host that can have your server up 24/7 and adjust the configuration exactly how you want it in real time - yeah good luck finding that... If you can host yourself, you still need a lot of server experience. There are many servers already out there, maybe try advancing in those, getting some experience and then try starting your own.

I've been running mine on my home computer for three years now. Found a desktop computer that I didn't mind being on 24/7 coupled with a cable connection (not dial-up) and it's been working fine for me. Free too. If you don't count the internet bills as an expense.

skythekidrs12_12 Wed Dec 18 at 7:33:25 (2013)

how can i create a server pleace this is dum!!

Only if you teach me how you can get that cool (Banned) title.

Oh well I have lots of trouble portforwarding -.- I always wanted to run a server.. for a while though but.. I wasn't able To do that.. I was a co-owner in a server with my friend a while ago.. The server was great Its like really old 5/10 months old.. but until 1.6.2 it shutdown for some reasons.. :(

well...I cant make a server...my security disapproves it so screw it.

well...I cant make a server...my security disapproves it so screw it.

There are other minecraft server software that support UPnP, which doesn't need port-forwarding, although none support ClassiCube. MCDawn is a good example, but it's dead and doesn't support CPE. I'm working on a server that supports classicube. May or may not have UPnP.

quiero hacer un server pero no de donde puedo hacerlo. ¿Me ayudan?

La mayoría de la gente aquí habla Inglés, usted puede encontrar un tutorial en Inglés aquí

...English pl0x?

...English pl0x?

no, no. You ask like this: Ingles por favor?

He said he doesn't know how to setup a server and wants to know if someone will help him.

I replied telling him most people here speak english, and he can find a tutorial (in english) on how to make a server here.

hmm probably tell him to use google translate or get a translator to translate those instructions for his sake

MrBluePotato World's Bluest Potato Sun Jan 19 at 4:02:39 (2014)

++phinbella86 posted:++

hmm probably tell him to use google translate or get a translator to translate those instructions for his sake

you irritate me.

++MrBluePotato posted:++

you irritate me.

Can't help myself. I irritate people in real life too. Not because i try to help out though.....

AndrewPH time for dominate Mon Jan 20 at 15:00:15 (2014)

++MrBluePotato posted:++

you irritate me.

Play nice.

If Umby can translate or there are people to do it then it is way better and more accurate. I am also able to translate Spanish as it is my first language and translators aren't as effective.

...after viewing All these posts...EVEN CHECKING TUTORIALS...I just cant understand how to start a server. its crazy right?

(Automerge)

for some unknown reason...google translate don't work like it should for me.

start a server? Double click the executable. Not that hard.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑