Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

hi! i wanna start making commands for my server ^_^ , but i do not know where to start? what are the "correct" tutorials to begin with? (i know there are alot of tuts. that's why i said "Correct" lol )

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Mon Dec 5 at 23:28:00 (2016)

First off: Making custom commands will probably be difficult unless you have programmed in either C# or Visual Basic before.

If you still want to though, you can use /cmdcreate to generate the basic structure of a custom command (the generated text file will be in extra/commands/source), which you can then edit with a text editor. Notepad++ is better than Notepad for this, as it has proper syntax colouring.

You can then use /compile to compile the generated text file into a .dll, and assuming there are no compilation errors, can then be loaded into the server as a custom command with /cmdload

++UnknownShadow200 posted:++

First off: Making custom commands will probably be difficult unless you have programmed in either C# or Visual Basic before.

If you still want to though, you can use /cmdcreate to generate the basic structure of a custom command (the generated text file will be in extra/commands/source), which you can then edit with a text editor. Notepad++ is better than Notepad for this, as it has proper syntax colouring.

You can then use /compile to compile the generated text file into a .dll, and assuming there are no compilation errors, can then be loaded into the server as a custom command with /cmdload

Well , alright . i guess i could go with that right now, will try to learn C# (wish me luck!)

Good AKA Goodly Tue Dec 6 at 3:34:56 (2016)

Something that helped me when I first tried to make custom commands was looking at the existing MCGalaxy commands for examples of how things work.

You can find them all here: https://github.com/Hetal728/MCGalaxy/tree/master/MCGalaxy/Commands

++Good posted:++

Something that helped me when I first tried to make custom commands was looking at the existing MCGalaxy commands for examples of how things work.

You can find them all here: https://github.com/Hetal728/MCGalaxy/tree/master/MCGalaxy/Commands

thank you! this will really help! ^_^

This post has been hidden by the ClassiCube moderation team.

Hello

(Automerge)

++RinLen posted:++

hi! i wanna start making commands for my server ^_^ , but i do not know where to start? what are the "correct" tutorials to begin with? (i know there are alot of tuts. that's why i said "Correct" lol )

(Automerge)

Hello

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑