Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

If the host Web will close on 2019, that means Classicube will close on 2019?

^

123DontMessWitMe Special Mon Jan 8 at 3:51:47 (2018)

No, the domain is paid until 2019 because we haven't bothered with paying for more years yet, once 2019 comes around we will put more money into paying for the domain. (possibly)

we need youtubers like antvenom or ssundie to make a video on classicube so mor people = more donations

pls dont pay for more years

just let it die. think of the savings on a domain and hosting infrastructure. you'd be doing the world some good by shutting down the classicube servers, that'd save a lot of electric for the environmentalist lefties

or you know, we can just have someone buy it - y'know, that could really work, for sure, definitely

i wonder who though

Tex, not to be rude, but imo that's a horrible idea. I'd prefer just keeping this game as a small community of (for the most part) friendly people.

Besides, if we had hundreds of people joining, the servers would fill up way too fast. And what about the inside jokes?

I agree to keep classicube running for manu years to come.

AndrewPH time for dominate Sun May 6 at 2:39:18 (2018)

I'm shutting down ClassiCube in 3 days.

Play the song of time on an ocarina, post it to youtube, and link it here to save ClassiCube.

Andrew, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDE86rEVM00&feature=youtu.be

AndrewPH time for dominate Tue May 8 at 5:44:20 (2018)

the absolute madman

ClassiCube needs to stay alive until year 3001

yeah sure why no?

no they will extend it

God dammit, I've just joined the community and now this. I'm coming from Minetest, and that community is a whole lot bigger than ClassiCube's but it seems a lot... worse in quality. If you guys are bothered to keep ClassiCube going, classicube.tk could be made into the main website since that's free.

Plus, it's probably possible to create a decentralized or even a distributed CC relying on no server infrastructure (except GitHub and the game servers themselves) though it probably requires a launcher rewrite to include some things, including a previously played-on server list, unique identifer (possibly UUID) and client-based skin management.

I have this big idea for a distributed CC but it's probably too complex to write on a simple forum post (the second one of mine, mind you!) and too long and it's also probably hard to understand in theory and possibly allows for abuse in practice but it fundamentally denies the need for a central command server. So if this is a pressing issue (I don't know, I'm new) ask me and I'll sperg it out.

UnknownShadow200 🔧 Fri Oct 26 at 22:53:12 (2018)

classicube.net going away isn't an issue at the moment.

AndrewPH time for dominate Sat Oct 27 at 15:56:51 (2018)

classicalsharp already doesn't require classicube.net, the authentication between clients and servers is well-understood and any trusted middle-man could act as an authentication service.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑