Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

I've installed the standalone client however my anti-virus software is saying that it contains a threat called 'Supicious.Cloud.9'

For some reason my anti-virus says this website is safe so I'm clueless whether it's just the way it was coded or not.

I am just wondering whether it is an actual threat or not.

The standalone client is no virus. Does your anti-virus give you that message every time you open it or does it instantly remove the client at download? If it is the first case you might just want to allow the client in your firewall. Hope this helps.

My antivirus is very sensitive so it detects the 'problem' before i run it and removes it. The website is trusted so ill use the web client until its fixed

AndrewPH time for dominate Mon Nov 25 at 0:50:59 (2013)

(Originally posted by Rayne [Link])

I've installed the standalone client however my anti-virus software is saying that it contains a threat called 'Supicious.Cloud.9'

For some reason my anti-virus says this website is safe so I'm clueless whether it's just the way it was coded or not.

I am just wondering whether it is an actual threat or not.

The standalone launcher is not a threat, and as per usual, is completely open source. You can find a link to the source code in the account panel.

There's a good chance that your antivirus is being too aggressive and accidentally flagging the launcher for any number of reasons, including the fact that it downloads multiple files (the client and the libraries required for the client to run), which many kinds of programs, including viruses, tend to do.

If you're worried, you can always build the launcher from source. We take no responsibilities for injuries sustained while trying to figure out any Java IDE.

Thanks for the help, all of you

Jonty800 Serves: makes 8 Thu Nov 28 at 21:39:20 (2013)

Apparently its because ClassiCube doesnt have a traditional signature. Worlds best anti-virus right there

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑