Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

Textures of iron, gold and lava are different than the original. However, textures in the file terrain.png (client.jar) seem to be correct (I'm not sure about lava and its animation). Are these textures rendered incorrectly or there is some other terrain.png? Is it possible to change lava texture to the original one?

123DontMessWitMe Special Sun Nov 24 at 16:16:27 (2013)

Lava is the original hard coded texture from classic, it doesn't use the terrain.png. Iron block, and gold block are basically the original texture as they show one side of the texture on all sides, this was not a mistake it was planned out by the developers.

(Originally posted by 123DontMessWitMe [Link])

Lava is the original hard coded texture from classic, it doesn't use the terrain.png.

However you can change lava texture using texturepacks, so I'm pretty sure that it uses terrain.png

123DontMessWitMe Special Sun Nov 24 at 19:27:02 (2013)

If you change it with texture packs, it doesn't get animated.

AndrewPH time for dominate Mon Nov 25 at 0:52:33 (2013)

(Originally posted by dzidq [Link])

However you can change lava texture using texturepacks, so I'm pretty sure that it uses terrain.png

It only uses terrain.png when a texture pack is loaded. That's why it's only animated when using the default set.

Iron and gold blocks use the top texture for all four sides instead of the weird janky side and bottom textures that looked kinda terrible when looped.

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑