Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

I have been playing ClassiCube for around 3 years. Once i found and downloaded mobile version so i could play when i'm not at home. It was called Mineshaft and it worked fine. Now , it's impossible to play on it due to inactive development so i decided to make a thread about it.

Why should we make ClassiCube for Android and iOS?

ClassiCube is basiclly Minecraft for nostalgic ones, people searching for good community, ones that won't pay 24€ (i'm from Europe) and ones with bad computers. Most people can't play their favorite games while travelling because they are only made for powerful computers, but in this case is different. This game doesn't require powerful machine at all. If some random guy made okay android port, what could ClassiCube team make? I think mobile version should be bigger priority than releasing it to Steam because it would make complete succes!

Leave your opinions down below!

_Pear is actually an apple Sun Feb 10 at 3:37:17 (2019)

This has been asked for so many times, so time to kill this for once and for all.

I agree that ClassiCube would be useful on Android and iOS, but the problem would be distributing the game. For iOS, it would be impossible to release the game to the App Store as Andrew would need to enroll for the Developer Program and pay $99 USD a year (for a single game that is open source and only have couple of developers). For Android, Andrew would have to to pay $25 USD once to release it on the Google Play Store, but the problem is that the game uses some of Mojang’s asset that is technically not distributed until you download it. Also, how would this work for some Android devices that doesn’t use Google services? If I remember correctly, Mineshaft is open sourced, so you or someone else could easily edit the code and get it working.

TL;DR stop asking about mobile version, it’s likely that it’ll never come anytime soon.

Who said he should release it on App Store and Google Play? Just put download file of istallation (.apk file) on the website!

_Pear is actually an apple Sun Feb 10 at 15:58:54 (2019)

Point is, people have asked for the mobile version for a long time now. It's not going to ever happen unless someone comes by and dedicates their time to making an Android version and testing it out. Plus, Android disallows you to install apps from any external source by default. I imagine that people wouldn't know where to go and might accidentally open a security hole or some sort just to get ClassiCube for Mobile Lite(TM) Edition. Even if we do make a tutorial on how to install the app, how would updating work? ClassiCube have new updates almost every day.

Also, you were the person that said Andrew should release it on iOS.

It would seriously be a terrible idea that would take a long time to develop, just to make another version that requires constant updates? It wouldn't be a good idea, seeing as ClassiCube is currently only in beta. Be content with the version you have.

Oh Jesus Christ , then make a standalone Android version for special Android sevrers. I don't know what to say anymore...

_Pear is actually an apple Tue Feb 19 at 0:23:31 (2019)

It would be easy to sneak in malwares since the “server-specific” apps won’t be maintained by the ClassiCube team. Also, how would this work for people that play on several servers?

Make it free. Also, that server thing.. idk

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑