Howdy pardner!

These here forums are read-only. Click here to go to the new forums, where you can actually post and stuff!

Sorry for the inconvenience

-Andrew

This will walk you through step-by-step into setting up a Classicube Server.

• Note: If you are behind a router, you will need to Port Forward. This is different for every router. To get instructions specific to your router, look Here. *
  1. Download your server software of choice. You have a few options, and you can find them all Here
  • Note: The server softwares listed above may be out of date, always check the website for each server software to ensure you have the most up-to-date version. *

Scr1

1. Configure your software. Many softwares will come with a GUI (Graphical) application of some kind to help you with configuration. This will make it the easiest for you. As configuration is different for every server, this is up to you.

Scr3

1. After configuring your server, there should either be a Start Server button somewhere on the GUI, or there will be a seperate application to run to start the software. In either case, start the software.

Scr3

1. If you have not Port Forwarded at this point (if needed), then do so. (See the link in the first note on the page)

2. You should now see your server's name as you configured it in step 2 on the Classicube Server List. Congratulations, you and others should now be able to connect! scr4

If your server does not appear on the list, ensure that it is set to "Public" in the server's settings.

Wait how is there a way without portforwarding without a router? And i also see that you use windows 8?

AndrewPH time for dominate Thu Dec 19 at 10:08:58 (2013)

(Originally posted by phinbella86 [Link])

Wait how is there a way without portforwarding without a router? And i also see that you use windows 8?

You don't need to port forward if you don't have a router.

Because port forwarding tells the router to forward data coming into the specified port to the specified computer.

No router = direct connection to the computer.

ah

This post has been hidden by the ClassiCube moderation team.

(Originally posted by Shadow_Girl [Link])

why is the Extreme zombie survival wont work in my classic?

Not a thread to ask "Why can't I connect to X server". Just showing how to make your own.

And yeah, I use Windows 8 on my Desktop

how do ya get that FCraft thing to open like that? (2nd picture)

I tried to do that...but it only opened a folder or something...

EDIT: Unbelievable...just unbelievable...it hit me just now...I can make the server I wanted now

++AndrewPH posted:++

You don't need to port forward if you don't have a router.

Because port forwarding tells the router to forward data coming into the specified port to the specified computer.

No router = direct connection to the computer.

There is hamachi but in my opinion it's stupid

What do I do on U-Verse internet?

this may help you out, bandicoot_

This post has been hidden by the ClassiCube moderation team.

Do we need to do portforwarding? I dont know what that is. I just use the program not a port. I tried to open my server but it would'nt load. I would wait for about 20 mins. I even made some popcorn too while waiting, still it does'nt load. Please help me?

Servers listen on ports, that's how people connect to them. If you are behind a router, then chances are you need to port forward in order for people to connect. I can explain as to why if you would like me to.

At the top of my first post, I have a link that will show you how to port forward for a variety of different routers.

Hope that helps!

MrMarioBrothers Fri Jul 4 at 4:40:39 (2014)

sounds useful

Tylerhartman2000 Tue Dec 9 at 7:26:19 (2014)

Hi I Im Behind 2 Routers Will I Have To Port Forward Both Of Them?

Where is this start button using fcraft?

(Automerge)

I use 25565 for portforwarding?

Says Port may not be open when i believe i port forwarded correctly

Thanks for the tutorial! I'm interested in hosting a MCForge-Redux server, but unfortunately I am unable to see anything on the MCForge website. Can anyone help with that?

++xnotx123 posted:++

Thanks for the tutorial! I'm interested in hosting a MCForge-Redux server, but unfortunately I am unable to see anything on the MCForge website. Can anyone help with that?

MCForge-Redux is dead, try MCGalaxy

🛑 This thread has been set to read-only due to inactivity. 🛑